Mountainsmith Tour Lumbar Pack
Mountainsmith Tour Lumbar Pack – A mini day pack of sorts.
Who says fanny packs are so 1980? The Mountainsmith Tour Lumbar Pack may not be bright pink and made of pleather, but it’s still pretty hip (no pun intended). This multifunctional lumbar pack works well for sightseeing, adventure races, day hikes and other outdoor activities.
The Mountainsmith Tour Lumbar Pack has plenty room for all your day hiking essentials. The large, main compartment features a smaller pocket inside. This pocket is ideal for small gear such as keys, money, credit cards, and other valuables. There is also a front zippered pocket and a hidden airline ticket pocket in the back.
When you don’t feel like sporting the Mountainsmith Tour Lumbar Pack around your waist, you can turn it into a man purse via the built in shoulder strap. Simply tuck away the waist built and pull out the shoulder strap, complete with a sliding shoulder pad.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why it rocks:
- Comfortable 488-cubic-inch lumbar pack for hikes, urban touring, or school use
- Zippered main compartment, interior zippered hanging pocket, and zippered front pocket
- Pair of 32-ounce water bottle pockets; back-panel airline ticket pocket for traveling
- Tuck-away waist belt, air mesh foam back panel, and removable shoulder strap
- Measures 11.5 x 10 x 5 inches (W x H x D) and weighs 1 pound, 5 ounces; lifetime warranty
- Feels awkward with heavier loads
Why it bites:
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
Love em or hate em, lumbar packs have quite a following. People who use them swear by them and the Mountainsmith Tour Lumbar Pack is as good as any.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: