Marmot Aura 2P Tent
Marmot Aura 2P Tent – Great for summer camping.
When a tent makes Outside Magazines Gear of the Year list, you have to give it a look. The Marmot Aura 2P Tent is one such tent. This award winning tent is designed for three season use, but really shines in warm weather conditions. Its mesh walls make for an unforgettable night under a star filled Montana sky.
The Marmot Aura 2P Tent might be the perfect two person, three season tent. It might not be as roomy as some other two person backpacking tents, but it is still super comfy. While the square footage might not be up there, the Marmot Aura 2P Tent offers a door on each side of the tent to help aid in keeping everyone comfortable. If the rain fly is setup, there are also two vestibules so that you can each store your won gear on your side of the tent.
With the Marmot Aura 2P Tent you also get a backpacking tent that is incredibly lightwieght. No more arguing on who has to carry the tent and who carries the poles. Both are equally as light with the Marmot Aura 2P Tent. Mash canopy walls help make the tent lighter and DAC Featherlite NSL poles make the poles tough and light.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Lightweight and well-ventilated, the Marmot Aura 2P tent offers two backpackers a tough yet habitable space in a small package.
- Mesh canopy walls circulate air and offer exceptional views during warm, clear nights
- Two doors allow easy entry and exit without disturbing your tent mate; two vestibules provide personal storage areas
- Vertical wall design prevents water from dripping into the tent when the rainfly is open
- DAC Featherlite NSL poles are super lightweight yet strong and use an eco-friendly anodizing process
- Knee-pole design creates steep sidewalls to increase spaciousness; Aura offers incredible spaciousness up high
- Ultralight pole clips ensure fast and easy pitching
- Catenary cut floor provides a tight pitch with reduced weight; seam-taped bathtub floor maintains waterproofness
- Lightweight, durable ripstop nylon rainfly has silicone and polyurethane coatings for waterproof protection and UV resistance
- Welded rip-and-stick attachments securely fasten rainfly to canopy
- Stake Tape shaves weight by eliminating grommets yet are strong and allow versatile setup
- Inside pockets store and organize your equipment
- Bare Bones Setup: in warmer weather, leave your tent body behind and use just the rainfly, footprint (sold separately) and poles
- Stuff sacks, stakes, repair fabric, pole repair sleeve, guy cord with sliders and buckle included
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I can’t stress how great the Marmot Aura 2P Tent is for warmer climates. Its mesh canopy walls allow for plenty of ventilation and also let you enjoy the scenery around you while in the tent. In near perfect conditions, you can setup the Marmot Aura 2P Tent with just the poles, rainfly, and ground cloth for an ultralight tent.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: