Kelty Foraker 15 Sleeping Bag
Kelty Foraker 15 Sleeping Bag – Proven to be Alaskan tough.
In order to truly appreciate the Kelty Foraker 15 sleeping bag, you have to try it out in some extreme conditions. When I say extreme, I am talking about camping in Alaska for months on end extreme. The Kelty Foraker 15 sleeping bag was especially designed for a mountain guide company in Alaska who spend more time outdoors than in. If that isn’t a great product endorsement for a sleeping bag, I don’t know what is.
The Kelty Foraker 15 sleeping bag is built tough and warm, just what you would want in Alaska. This is evident in the three different fabrics used in the design of the bag. Aside from great materials, the Kelty Foraker 15 sleeping bag shines thanks to all the well thought out design.
The top of the Kelty Foraker 15 sleeping bag is made from a water resistant ripstop polyester. This material helps to fend of dew and moisture. On the bottom of the bag you will find a much tougher taffeta material that is designed to handle the wear and tear of regular use. And lastly, at the top and bottom of the bag you will find waterproof/breathable materials used to protect the bag from points that most likely come into contact with tent walls.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Prime 750-fill-power goose down is warm, lightweight and compressible
- Tough ripstop shell is treated with a Durable Water Repellant finish; foot and hood are covered in waterproof, breathable Stormstopper fabric
- Comfortable, soft microfiber lining
- Trapezoidal baffle construction and differential cut eliminate cold spots; ground-level side seams prevent heat from escaping
- Generous baffle collar and draft tube backing the full-length, two-way, locking zipper work together to keep out the cold and lock in body heat
- Deep three-dimensional hood features different-width drawcords for easy adjustment in the dark
- External pad loops provide attachment points to keep your sleeping bag and pad together (straps sold separately)
- Internal loops allow attachment of coordinating Kelty Liner (not included); hang loops allow easy drying and storage
- Compression stuff sack and cotton storage bag included
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
The Kelty Foraker 15 sleeping bag is one of the most impressive and well tough out bags I have seen in a while. To sum it up in one word, the Kelty Foraker 15 sleeping bag is just “tough.” It is also priced reasonably well considering the price of the average zero degree bag.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: