K2 MissBehaved—an all-mountain ripper for the gals who tear up the slopes
A new ski for the 2008/2009 season, this female specific ski was designed to let the girls rip up the backcountry, bom groomers and cut fresh tracks through powder fields along with the boys. The MissBehaved are the fattest ski in the K2 Women’s line to date, meaning they are built for powder loving chicas who spend a lot of their time skiing off piste or cutting their way through the trees. However, the MissBehaved’s are also built to handle any kind of terrain the mountain has to offer, making them able to go from that backcountry face to the inbounds hard pack without problems.
The dioubly reinforced tip and tail plates, rivet and ABS sidewalls make handling hard impact and extreme riding no problem. The MissBehaveds also have a progressive sidecut for enhanced performance in variable snow conditions—making these a great day-to-day ski you can ride on deep powder days and in not as ideal conditions. The K2 MissBehaved’s also have trixial braided core, which allows for a great deal of torsional rigidity and stregth, without taking away the lively characteristics of a wood core ski.
The K2 MissBehaved also has the stability of a fir underfoot, with the lightweight spring of spruce at the tips and tails of the ski. It floats well through powder, yet is strong enough to handle stomping big jumps and holding up after you huck it off a cliff. It’s an overall great backcountry and big mountain ski that performs well on piste for the ladies.
>>Check out other great skis for the season in the K2 2009/2010 Ski Guide
The Quick & Dirty:
Where you can get ‘em:
K2 Missbehaved Ski – Women’s
Why they rock:
- Vertical ABS Sidewalls: Precision and strength all in one, so you can go to hell and back again without ever worrying about your ski core. 3.5 mm edge: Thicker more durable steel edges prolong the life of your skis
- Tip and Tail Plates and rivets: Aesthetically pleasing, extremely functional, tip and tail reinforcements so your skis tips and tails are better prepared to take a beating.
- Progressive Sidecut: K2’s fat ski friendly sidecut BioFlex Core: Spruce and Fir Cores fused into one ski.
- Ability Level Advanced – Expert
- Core Material Spruce/Fir Bioflex
- Dims: Tip 130
- Dims: Waist 98
- Dims: Tail 118 Tail
- Type Partial Twin Tip
- Turning Radius progressive
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
This women’s specific fat twin has the width and the tip and tail Rocker to float on the deepest days while keeping her quick and nimble in variable conditions. The progressive sidecut coupled with the regular camber underfoot give the MissBehaved unrivaled performance on hardpack too. Overall, it’s a good all-mountain ski that will help you master all kinds of different terrain.
Looking to Buy? Here’s where you can get ‘em:
K2 Missbehaved Ski – Women’s