Crumpler Cork and Fork Rolling Duffel/Camera Pack
Crumpler Cork and Fork Rolling Duffel/Camera Pack – The ultimate camera backpack.
I have reviewed my fair share of camera bags and camera backpacks here on Travel Gear Blog, but few are even comparable to the Crumpler Cork and Fork Rolling Duffel/Camera Pack. To simply call the Crumpler Cork and Fork Rolling Duffel/Camera Pack a camera backpack would be an understatement. This camera bag is a serious bag for photographers who find themselves trekking through the airport almost as much as they trek to a location or out into the backcountry. By no means is this your basic camera backpack.
So, just what is so special about the Crumpler Cork and Fork Rolling Duffel/Camera Pack that puts it head and shoulders above other camera backpacks? Well, for starters, it isn’t just a backpack style camera bag. It is also a rolling duffel style bag as well. The Crumpler Cork and Fork Rolling Duffel/Camera Pack is designed to handle airport travel like a champ. Aside from the tough telescoping handle, big wheels, and big feet; the bag also features some serious lock down areas to keep your stuff secure during transit.
As one would expect, the inside of the Crumpler Cork and Fork Rolling Duffel/Camera Pack features all sorts of pockets, padding, zippers, and compartments. The main area of the backpack has three main areas for storing gear. There are also two snake dividers that can be customized to make room for your gear. There is also a decent sized zipper pocket in the main area of the pack for loose items, film, batteries, etc.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Rolling duffel features a retractable, shovel-style handle and beefy, smooth-rolling wheels; rubber feet on the bottom and back let it stand upright or lie flat on its back
- Inside, the duffel contains 1 large zippered pocket, 4 small zippered pockets and a full-length flap with a large zippered pocket for dirty clothes
- The exterior of the duffel sports 2 zippered pockets; a burly zipper and 4 sturdy quick-release buckles secure the main compartment
- Backpack features a comfortable harness with a padded air-mesh back panel, air-mesh shoulder straps and an adjustable hipbelt
- Backpack’s padded main compartment has 2 rigid spine walls, 2 “snake” dividers and removable rip-and-stick tabs for virtually unlimited gear storage configurations
- Small zippered compartment with mesh cover is positioned above main compartment—perfect for batteries, memory cards, cords and other small accessories
- Pack exterior features a padded grab handle, zip-away rain cover, tripod straps with quick-release buckles, zippered front pocket and 2 mesh side pockets
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
There is no doubt that the Crumpler Cork and Fork Rolling Duffel/Camera Pack is a solid camera backpack. The only drawback to it is the price. Unless you are a pro photographer who travels a lot, the Crumpler Cork and Fork Rolling Duffel/Camera Pack may be a bit excessive. Other than that, I think the Crumpler Cork and Fork Rolling Duffel/Camera Pack is a pretty cool pack.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: