Coleman Fold N Go 2-Burner Stove
Coleman Fold N Go 2-Burner Stove – compact, portable car camping stove
Coleman cleverly designed a fold up 2-burner stove for car camping, cookouts, and picnics. The Coleman Fold N Go 2-Burner Stove is 25% more compact than Coleman’s traditional 2-burner stove (yet it’s not a backpacking stove) and it is easy to carry and stash in your car. The nifty stove folds out into two-full sized cooking burners that are adjustable from low to high cooking heat.
The stove uses standard 16.4-ounce propane cylinders and starts easy and fast with the simple press of a button – you simply turn the temperature control knob and then press the electronic ignition button and the burner is lit. Quality wire grates accommodate a large range of pot and skillet sizes and the steel cooking surfaces are easy to keep clean.
Only downsides are the lack of a windscreen and the fact that it takes the stove forever to boil water. I love the compact design but in order to be that compact Coleman needed to sacrifice wind protection. You either need to create your own winds protection or only use the stove in mild conditions or else you will burn through an entire fuel bottle just trying to heat up some water. Also, there seems to be a great deal of space between the flame and the grates so it takes a really long time to get water to boil.
Why they rock:
- Although smaller, it is every bit as powerful, delivering 10,000 BTUs per side, the same power rating as many Coleman stoves
- Each burner is fully adjustable from a fine simmer to all-out boiling and frying temperatures
- The 13-inch spread between burners accommodates large skillets and pots, making the stove perfect for camping, picnics and patio usage
- Chrome-plated heavy-gauge wire grates support a variety of pot sizes
- Aluminized steel cooking surfaces make clean up a cinch
- Electronic ignition brings push-button ease to lighting burners, which in turn are easily managed by dual control knobs
- Uses standard 16.4-ounce propane cylinders
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 7 out of 10
The Coleman Fold N Go is a great camp stove for frying up pancakes or heating up some veggie burgers, but pretty much blows if you need to boil water. I find the Coleman Fold N Go a complements my MSR WhisperLight – I use the MSR when I need to boil water for coffee and the Coleman stove to make the eggs and pancakes. Just wish I could find a stove to do both efficiently.