Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals
Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals – My favorite pair of sandals.
It is rare that I come across a piece of outdoor gear that really blows me away. Perhaps its the fact that I see and come in contact with so much of it. Regardless of the reason, there is little out there that really grabs my attention and makes me into a lifelong customer. The Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals have been one of those few things that really impress me. But, I must admit that they didn’t do that much to impress me at first. It was only after a year or so of wear that I began to be really impressed with the Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals.
I know what you are wondering. Why did it take me so long to be impressed with the Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals? Let me first start by saying that I actually didn’t like the Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals when I first wore them. I made the switch from wearing Teva Guide Sandals for 5+ years to the Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals. I wasn’t a fan of how they fit at first, but everyone kept telling me they take a while to break in. Sure enough, they did take a while to break in, but now they fit like a pair of old tennis shoes.
But that isn’t why it took me so long to be impressed. What has really impressed me about the Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals is that I have been wearing them just about every day for the last 3+ years and the soles pretty much look brand new. Its really amazing, especially when you think about the fact that I worked at the Whitewater Center in Charlotte for a year, lived in Costa Rica for a year, and work on the Ocoee as a raft guide. Add in normal every day use and that adds up to a lot of wear and tear, but the Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals are still going strong.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Infinitely adjustable polyester strapping system uses pull-through design to give you a secure fit while avoiding the bulk of extra buckles and straps
- Polyester webbing dries faster than nylon and maintains a consistent fit in all conditions
- Lightweight polyurethane midsole/topsole units offer durable, dependable cushioning and support
- BioCentric footbed design with molded arches offers extra support, reliable stability, pronation control and all-day comfort
- Vibram Unaweep outsoles combine the features of both the classic Chaco Colorado and Terreno outsoles into a versatile new hybrid
- Non-marking rubber lugs are spaced for virtually self-cleaning performance; outsoles deliver dependable traction on land and submerged underwater
- Sandal design can be resoled for a lasting relationship and easing of environmental stress
- Toss into washing machine for easy cleaning or clean by hand with scrub brush, baking soda and water; avoid bleach
- Proudly carries the Seal of Acceptance from the American Podiatric Medical Association
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
I can’t say enough good things about the Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals. They are a solid piece of outdoor gear that will stay on my gear list for years to come. The Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals have definitely made me a lifelong customer. At this point though, it doesn’t appear as though my Chaco Z/2 Unaweep Sandals are going to need replacing anytime soon.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: