Black Diamond Mirage 2 Tent
Black Diamond Mirage 2 Tent – A two person tent.
Who knew you could get such a strong tent that was still light weight. Tough and light is exactly what you get with the Black Diamond Mirage 2 Tent. This double wall tent brings together a blend of amazing fabrics and materials with some strong and super light poles. The Black Diamond Mirage 2 Tent might be the last 2 person tent you buy for quite some time.
One tough feature I am a fan of is the the rainfly. While rain fly’s aren’t usually all that exciting, the one on the Black Diamond Mirage 2 Tent is worth mentioning. The rainfly is polyester and has a silicon and polyurethane coating. This coating works to not only shed rain, but also helps it stay taunt in any condition and helps it resist UV wear and tear.
The Black Diamond Mirage 2 Tent is not only tough, but it is extremely roomy as well. The tent features steep walls. These steep walls make the interior feel super roomy. Combine that with the 10 square foot vestibule for gear and you’ll have plenty of room for you and your gear.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Pole bundle features a hub-wrapped, variable-diameter pole system, integrating the entire frame into one easy-setup system
- Hubbed system eliminates the need to sort out poles for setup; hook-and-tension external pole clips easily attach canopy to poles
- Variable pole diameter creates a strong tent with high interior volume; DAC Featherlite® NSL poles use an eco-friendly anodizing process
- Polyester rainfly sheds water with a silicon and polyurethane coating, stays taut in rainy and humid conditions, and resists UV degradation
- Seam-taped, waterproof bathtub-style floor keeps floor-edge seams off the ground
- Combination mesh and ripstop nylon canopy provides ventilation while blocking wind-born dirt and snow
- Adjustable rainfly vent at the top of the tent and fixed foot vent down low creates a chimney effect to prevent interior condensation
- Rip-and-stick attachments on rainfly underside allow it to be fastened to pole framework for extra strength and stability
- Interior mesh pockets hold odds and ends; hanger loops allow attachment of an attic, not included Ultralight stake loops and reflective guyout points help you increase the structural integrity of the tent in adverse weather
- Poles and rainfly can be set up with the footprint, (sold separately) to create a lightweight shelter
- Comes with stakes, reflective guylines and stuff sacks
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
You can’t go wrong with the Black Diamond Mirage 2 Tent. It is tough, light weight, and roomy. This is one of those tents that will work out for you in almost any situation and should last you for years to come.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: