Tubbs Women’s Frontier Snowshoes
Tubbs Women’s Frontier Snowshoes – perfect for light powder and packed trails
Ideal for mild terrain, Tubbs Women’s Frontier Snowshoes are perfect for hitting your local snowshoe trails, golf courses, and parks. Carbon steel crampons provide all the traction you need for exploring flat terrain and heel crampons help with footing on mild downhill slopes.
Tubbs was the first company to design a women’s specific snowshoe and they remain committed to creating the best designs for women. Tubbs Frontier Snowshoes are lighter than male and unisex models, are more tapered for ease of stride, and offer bindings scaled down to fit a woman’s narrower and smaller foot.
The ergonomically designed “Fit-Step” frame is designed with a flipped up tail that allows the frame to roll more naturally from heel to toe. A rotated toe cord enables the frame to shed snow as you walk, minimizing the amount of snow you carry around.
The easy to adjust Frontier “Quick-Step” binding system uses two buckles to ensure the perfect fit. The bindings accommodate a wide variety of boots and running shoes, and Tubb’s “Control Wing” technology keeps the foot aligned with the snowshoe for efficient travel.
>>Read more about how to pick snowshoes and browse other models of snowshoes
Why they rock:
- Lighweight and strong aluminum frames feature an ergonomic, streamlined shape that is easy to walk in
- PVC-coated polyester deckings provide lightweight flotation and offer a smooth, soft texture
- Bindings use a dual-pull webbing system for a fast, secure fit that accommodates a wide variety of boots
- Side wings align and center heels for stability
- Carbon steel instep crampons rotate freely to bite into snow and let the tails drop to shed snow;
- Heel crampons provide traction for heading down mild slopes
- Recommended load: Frontier 21: 80-150 lbs, Frontier 25: 120-200 lbs (includes weight of hiker with gear)
- Weight (pair): Frontier 21: 3 lbs. 4 oz, Frontier 25: 3lbs. 6oz
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
Whether you are new to snowshoeing or just looking for a great value, the Tubbs Women’s Frontier Snowshoes are lightweight, comfortable, and easy to use. The Frontier Snowshoes are best on relatively flat terrain so if you are for looking for snowshoes designed for backcountry travel check out the Tubbs Venture or Tubbs Mountaineer.