Topeak Bikamper Tent
Topeak Bikamper Tent – A lightweight shelter for bikers.
When biking on multi-day trips, not only is weight an important factor, but space as well. Thats where the Topeak Bikamper Tent comes in. The Topeak Bikamper Tent utilizes your bike in the setup of the tent, thus saving your weight and room in your gear bags. Best of all, the Topeak Bikamper Tent is very affordable, at less than $200 it is pretty much a steal.
As I mentioned above, the Topeak Bikamper Tent uses your bike as a means of architecture forthe tent. This creative use of the bike helps to elminate the need for heavey and cumbersome tent poles. The Topeak Bikamper Tent uses your bikes frame and front wheel as the main tent “poles” for this solo shelter.
The entire Topeak Bikamper Tent pack down to a mere two pounds and fifteen ounces. This weight includes the rain fly which could be left behind to reduce the packed weight even more. the Topeak Bikamper Tent stuff sack is designed to be able to be secured to your bikes handle bars to sake room inside of your gear bags.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Small, light and versatile, it utilizes the bicycle itself which eliminates the need for heavy, cumbersome tent poles
- This personal shelter utilizes the bicycle frame and front wheel in place of conventional tent poles
- Fork anchor axle mounts to the dropouts and has tines on it that get pushed into the ground like a tent stake
- To further stabilize the bike, there are two draw-down chords that attach to the handle bars and get staked to the ground on both sides of the bike
- The combination of these two things makes both the bike and tent very stable
- Bikamper is constructed of durable, waterproof coated 45D ripstop nylon
- Fly is constructed of fully waterproofed, durable nylon ripstop and offers an additional layer of protection
- Three mesh windows provide ventilation and stargazing on pleasant nights
- Both body and fly pack down to a tiny, space saving size and weigh just 2 lbs. 15 oz.
- Includes fork anchor, stakes, cords, accessory bag and stuff sack
- Internal hang loops offer contact points for hanging items inside tent
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Topeak Bikamper Tent is one of the coolest tents I have seen in a while. It is so cool it makes me want to start biking just so I can have a reason to buy this tent! It is clear that the makers of the Topeak Bikamper Tent considered all aspects of the multi-day bikers needs in a lightweight and packable shelter.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: