Therm-a-Rest ProLite Plus Sleeping Pad
Therm-a-Rest ProLite Plus Sleeping Pad – Super warm, light, and compact sleeping pad
The Therm-a-Rest ProLite Plus Sleeping Pad is Therm-a-Rest’s warmest, lightest and most compact self-inflating mattress to date. Now 20% warmer than the original ProLite, the ProLite Plus will keep you insulated from the cold, hard ground in all 4-seasons.
The extra insulation in the ProLite Plus makes the pad great for cold weather adventures like ski touring and mountaineering. Plus it is light and rolls up small enough so you will have no problem stashing it in your bag.
The ProLite Plus comes in 3 sizes (small, regular, and large) so you can choose the size that works best for your needs. Plus it comes in a women’s specific version too. The small size weighs a scant 1 lbs. 1 oz. and the large is 30 inches longer but tacks on an extra pound. I prefer the small size for backpacking but the regular for car camping and cold weather travel. I recommend heading to REI and testing them out to find which one will work best for you.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
REI: $79.95 (small)
REI: $99.95 (regular)
REI: $119.95 (large)
Why they rock:
- Therm-a-Rest’s warmest, lightest, most compact sleeping pad to date
- Extra insulation makes the Therm-a-rest ProLite Plus ideal for ski touring, cold-weather expeditions and winter camping
- ProLite Plus is engineered with innovative die-cut foam for maximum efficiency
- Bottom features an innovative, sticky-dot, nonslip surface
- Tapered design reduces weight and bulk
- Available in 2 sizes for best fit
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
If you are looking for a lightweight sleeping pad that will keep you insulated from freezing temps the Therm-a-Rest ProLite Plus is one of the best options out there. If weight isn’t a huge concern you may also want to take a look at the Exped DownMat 9 Air Pad – the sleeping pad is filled with 700-fill goose down and inflates with a nifty built-in pump.