Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad
Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad – An innovative sleeping pad.
If you are still backpacking with one of those blue closed cell foam sleeping pads, its time you did your body a favor and go shopping for something new. Might I suggest the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad. This bad boy is like nothing you have ever seen from the guys at Therm-a-Rest. No sir, this sleeping pad has a load of innovative new features; including an overall new design. This is unlike many of the other sleeping pads in the Therm-a-Rest family, but a cool big brother way and not the creepy cousin way. So, if you are on the hunt for a lightweight, but warm sleeping pad, this might be just what you need.
Trust me when I say that your body will thank you for buying the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad. In fact this sleeping pad won the editors choice award from Backpacker Magazines gear of the year issue. In fact, one of the writers for that issue said it best when he said; “You’d think this pad had a built-in espresso maker after seeing the way testers bounced up in the morning.” Not counting car camping sleeping pads, the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad might be the most comfortable sleeping pad I have ever slept on. It is light, warm, and extremely comfortable. I’m not sure how else it could be improved.
So, just what makes the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad so innovative and great? For starters the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad is made up of a material that is about as light as they come. But the weight of the sleeping pad isn’t the only selling point. One really great thing about this sleeping bag is that it is a regular length sleeping pad that can be packed up into a stuff sack the size of a football. On top of all that, the pad is way warmer than other sleeping pads, but has little to know additional insulation in it.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Therm-a-Rest combines advanced, patent-pending technology and material with decades of experience to offer a virtually weightless, warm and incredibly compactible sleeping pad
- Advanced fabrics and coatings brush aside the old limits of reduced weight to create the world’s lightest air mattress
- 3 times warmer than any other uninsulated sleeping pad, Therm-a-Rest NeoAir incorporates the R2 Barrier to reflect heat back to your body
- Innovative internal baffling produces rows of cells that minimize convective cooling
- Baffling also creates an internal truss system that minimizes the movement of air. Shift less and rest better!
- Thermal efficiency without added down or fiber insulation saves weight and allows the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir to pack down to an amazing 4 x 9 in.
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I am always amazed when good companies like Therm-a-Rest can improve on their already amazing product line. But, I guess it is for that exact reason that they are industry leaders. The Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad is a prime example of how Therm-a-Rest continues to improve itself and raise the bar for others in the industry. If you are looking for a sleeping pad that is exceptionally warm, but isn’t as heavy and bulky as some of the others out there, the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad might be what you are looking for. It has next to no insulation, but can provide a world of warmth. The end result is a sleeping pad that is both warm and light.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: