The North Face Terra 60 Pack
The North Face Terra 60 Pack – A great first pack.
Looking for a new backpack can be overwhelming even for an experienced backpacker. If you are new to the outdoor world though, the search for a new backpack can be downright mind boggling. The sheer amount of brands, types of fabrics, styles, and sizes can make it easy for a first time pack buyer to go home with the wrong pack. Lucky for them, The North Face has designed a backpack with them in mind.
The North Face Terra 60 Pack is designed to help first time backpacker go home with bag that will let them try out the sport in comfort. Keeping first time buyers in mind, The North Face Terra 60 Pack has a surprisingly low price tag. Don’t let the price fool you though, The North Face Terra 60 Pack still has plenty of great features and is built to hold up The North Face name.
One really great thing about The North Face Terra 60 Pack is that it is built with some room to grow. This is of course assuming that a first time backpacker goes mostly on overnight trips and slowly works their way to multi day trips. The pack offers plenty of room to expand and hold everything you need for when you feel like staying out longer.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Aluminum V-stays transfer load weight to the waist; polyethylene framesheet enhances support and provides protection
- Opti-Fit suspension features an adjustable fit for varying torso lengths
- Dual-density padded shoulder straps and three-point adjustable hipbelt distribute weight to ensure comfort and stabilize the load
- Stretched across the back, the open-air trampoline mesh Verti-Cool backpanel circulates air between back and pack
- Top-loading system with a mesh pocket in lid stashes small essentials such as energy bars, sunglasses and sunblock
- Compression straps, trekking pole loops, lash points and tool loops secure extra gear onto pack’s exterior
- Stretch-woven side pockets and a hydration pocket (reservoir sold separately) help you carry plenty of water
- Zippered front stretch pocket keeps small items within easy reach; stretch fabric permits maximum stuffing
- Bottom zippered compartment with a trampoline divider separates gear from sleeping bag
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
If you have been shopping around for your first backpack for a while now, but can’t find one you like or don’t know what it is you are looking for, then look no further. The North Face Terra 60 Pack is the one for you. It is built to North Face standards, offers you plenty of room to grow, and is much cheaper than many other backpacks on the market.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: