The North Face Tadpole 23 Tent
The North Face Tadpole 23 Tent – A lightweight tent for two.
Are you in the market for a lightweight, backpacking tent for two? Then you might want to check out The North Face Tadpole 23 Tent. This simple three pole system tent is lightweight, quick to setup, and built to handle the conditions of three seasons. The North Face Tadpole 23 Tent might be lightweight, but it certainly isn’t small.
The North Face Tadpole 23 Tent offers its tenets a whopping 27 square feet of floor space. Add on the tents vestibule and you gain 7 more square feet of space for your gear. If you still need room, you can buy the optional gear loft or use one of the many pockets and hang loops inside the tent.
DAC featherlight poles keep The North Face Tadpole 23 Tent light and strong. The setup process is a breeze. The tent uses a series of simple pole sleeves and clips. To keep the the setup process as dummy proof as possible, the tent uses a color coded canopy and rain fly.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Freestanding, geo-hybrid design offers an efficient shape and excellent weight-to-space ratio, plus you get a large front D-door and vestibule
- High and low air circulation through mesh canopy and doors prevents interior condensation
- Color-coded canopy and rainfly webbing add to the easy setup
- Internal pockets and hang loops offer plenty of options for gear storage; compatible with The North Face #1 Gear Loft, sold separately
- Reflective guyline loops and glow-in-the dark zipper pulls are easy to find at night
- Silicone/polyurethane-coated rainfly provides high water repellency, greater resistance to UV breakdown and greater compressibility for easier packing
- Rainfly-only pitching: In nice weather, use only the poles, rainfly and footprint (sold separately) to save weight
- Compression stuff sack included for easy packing
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
The North Face Tadpole 23 Tent is super light, at four and a half pounds. When you split the up the tent’s components between two backpackers, it becomes virtually weightless.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: