The North Face Mountain Light Jacket – Perfect for active winter outings.
Finding the perfect lightweight winter jacket is no easy task. You need something that offers you warmth, but doesn’t overheat you once you get going. You also need something that fits snug and comfortably to help hold in body heat, but also has to be able to stretch with your body once you get going. And these are only a few of the criteria that a lightweight winter jacket needs to meet. As it turns out, The North Face Mountain Light Jacket meets all of these and more.
With The North Face Mountain Light Jacket you get a winter jacket that is both lightweight and comfortable. Add a comfortable fit with full range of motion to that mix and you have a lightweight winter jacket that is perfect for outdoor activities such as snowshoeing, light mountaineering, skiing, and more.
One of the main features of The North Face Mountain Light Jacket that make it so outstanding is its shell. The shell of The North Face Mountain Light Jacket is a 2 Layer Gore Tex Performance and polyester. This gives you a windproof, waterproof, and breathable barrier. And, to make sure nothing leaks in, all seams are sealed shut.
>>Read about more of the best ski jackets
The quick & dirty:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- 2-layer Gore-Tex Performance and polyester shell is waterproof, windproof and breathable; all seams are sealed for complete protection
- Free-hanging, soft polyester mesh lining enhances moisture movement to the outer surface, helping to keep you dry and warm
- Fully adjustable, removable drop hood features a tall zip-up collar that offers lower face protection during adverse weather; brushed collar lining is kind to skin
- Underarm, 2-way zippers control ventilation
- 2-way front zipper features double stormflaps
- Pockets include 2 zippered hand pockets, chest pocket and bicep pocket; inside you’ll find an internal stretch-mesh pocket and zippered stash pocket
- Standard fit ensures great mobility
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
If you spend a lot of time outdoors in colder environments doing anything from yard work to snowshoeing, then The North Face Mountain Light Jacket could be worth its hefty price tag. The $200+ price tag is the only real drawback of The North Face Mountain Light Jacket, but that’s not to say the jacket isn’t worth it.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: