Suunto M2 Heart Rate Monitor
Suunto M2 Heart Rate Monitor – pretty basic heart rate monitor
The Suuonto M2 Heart Rate Monitor is as basic as they get. If all you’re looking for is a watch that displays your heart rate with a few end of workout stats, the M2 might be perfect for you. If you’re looking for a watch that can tell you your speed, distance, and assorted workout stats, you won’t be happy with this watch and should probably checkout the Garmin Forerunners.
An included chest strap records your heart rate and sends it to the watch for your viewing pleasure. As well as displaying your heart rate, the watch displays where you’re at in three training zones to help you achieve your fitness goals. The monitor also functions as a regular watch with time, date, alarm, and stopwatch functions.
I am always wondering what is the difference between men’s and women’s products. I am a huge advocate for women’s specific backpacks, but for sports watches – are his and hers really necessary? It looks like the only thing that is different between the his and her Suunto M2 Heart Rate Monitors is the color and I am guessing that more women go with the black one hence the women’s watch being marked down at REI. Sometimes the display is smaller in women’s watches, but not in this case.
Why they rock:
- Includes the coded Suunto Dual Comfort heart rate monitor belt that is worn around your chest; textile strap is comfortable next to skin
- Belt uses ANT+ wireless transmission to send your heart rate data to the watch; belt is also compatible with most gym cardio machines
- Watch automatically switches between 3 heart rate zones to help you reach your training goals
- Watch displays calories burned while working out
- Use the watch to set goals and you’ll receive motivational messaging that provides encouragement to keep you going strong
- After working out, review the duration of exercise, percentage of time spent below, within and above each zone, calories burned, average heart rage and peak heart rate
- You can also view cumulative data for exercises saved within the last 4 weeks
- Standard watch features include time, day, date and alarm
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Suunto m2 Heart Rate Monitor is a great tool for monitoring your heart rate so you can step up your performance. The watch is pretty easy to you and has all the basics you’ll need for monitoring your workouts.