Suunto Core Multifunction Watch
Suunto Core Multifunction Watch – A must have for backcountry excursions.
I think it is safe to say that some cheap-o watch for your local bargain store isn’t going to cut it for you next summit. A demanding endeavor such as that demands an exceptional watch, such as the Suunto Core Multifunction Watch. Not only is the Suunto Core Multifunction Watch built strong enough to handle almost any condition, but it has all the features you could need and maybe even some you don’t. But hey, the more the better, right?
As one of its more basic features, the Suunto Core Multifunction Watch has an Altimeter, Barometer, and Compass. All of these can be found in the Suunto Core Multifunction Watch simple to read and understand wrist top design. With a single glance to your wrist you can get all the information you need for judging the weather, tracking progress, and more.
For those of you who are vertically inclined, you will appreciate that Suunto Core Multifunction Watches high tech altimeter. The barometric altimeter is accurate to about 30,000 feet. Along with your current elevation, the Suunto Core Multifunction Watch also displays your elevation gain and loss. This data is stored and can be uploaded later for your needs.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
REI : $250
Why they rock:
- Unique start-from-zero function simplifies altimeter usage by eliminating need to enter a reference altitude
- Barometer function measures and records air pressure to help predict changing conditions; weather trend indicator shows history over last 3 – 6 hours
- Automatic Alti/Baro mode senses movement, or lack thereof, and seamlessly switches between altimeter and barometer functions
- Storm alarm feature activates when a rapid drop in air pressure is detected over a 3-hour period; alarm sounds and flashes to indicate bad weather
- Digital compass monitors direction; set and follow a bearing using rotating bezel ring or point top of watch in direction of travel to lock in bearing
- Sunrise/sunset times ensure you never miss another beautiful dusk or dawn; set regional data and watch will inform you how much daylight remains
- Snorkelers will appreciate the accurate depth readings to 10m (30 ft.)
- Durable composite housing, aluminum bezel and vented elastomer strap are built to withstand rugged outdoor use
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
The Suunto Core Multifunction Watch is a great watch in every sense of the word. The only reason I have decided to give the Suunto Core Multifunction Watch a rating of 9 out for 10 is because it is a little simple compared to some of the other watches on the market.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites:
REI : REI : $250