SteriPEN Water Purifier with Pre-Filter and Bottle
SteriPEN Water Purifier with Pre-Filter and Bottle – A perfect combination.
In the past I have talked about the SteriPEN and how it was an ideal tool for travelers and backpackers to use to purify water. SteriPen continues to amaze me by thinking of new and creative ways to use their product. Now they have introduced the SteriPEN Water Purifier with Pre-Filter and Bottle. It is a combination of water bottle, pre-filter, and SteriPEN.
The traditional SteriPEN is great for travelers to exotic destinations because it offers them a quick way to purify clear water. This is fine for when you are traveling and your water source is a sink or faucet, but in the wild, you can’t always find a clear water source. This is where the SteriPEN Water Purifier with Pre-Filter and Bottle comes in.
The SteriPEN works by using Ultraviolet light rays to sterilize a clear water source. This method of sterilization can destroy viruses, bacteria, protozoa, Giardia, Cryptosporidium, and others. Should you not be able to find a clear water source, you can use the Hydro Photon Pre-Filter to clear out the debris and particles.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Pre-filter fits on the 32-oz. polycarbonate bottle provided; simply pour source water through filter and clean water enters bottle
- Pre-filter also fits Nalgene and other water bottles with standard 63mm wide-mouth openings
- Then use the SteriPEN purifier to treat the water; just press a button and gently agitate the water with a quick stir
- Purifies 16 fl. oz. of water (cold or warm) in less than a minute, or 32 fl. oz. in a minute and a half
- SteriPEN turns itself off once ultraviolet treatment is complete; can be used up to 5,000 times
- Watertight seals keep water away from the electronics; rubberized inset grips for secure handling in wet conditions
- Low-power indicator lets you know when batteries need replacing; twist-off cap for easy battery access
- Long used by municipal water districts and bottling companies, low-level UV-C light treats water safely, and unit’s light will not damage eyes or skin
- Four AA alkaline batteries purify 20 to 40 16-oz. glasses of water; purify 130 to 140 glasses with AA lithium batteries
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I thought that that original SteriPEN was a great idea for travelers to begin with. But when you combine it with the SteriPEN Water Purifier with Pre-Filter and Bottle, you have an awesome set of water sterilizing tools at your finger tips. The best part of all, the SteriPEN is extremely affordable and packable.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: