Sony Ericsson W580i
Sony Ericsson W580i – A cell phone especially for runners.
Who knew there would come a day when a cell phone would be designed especially for runners and athletic types? That is exactly what the Sony Ericsson W580i is. This little guy is a super sleek slider phone that is part cell phone, part mp3 player, and part fitness application. I know what you are probably thinking, how can a cell phone be designed for runners?
The answer to that question might be more simple than you think. Aside for the Sony Ericsson W580i’s size and functional design, it has a built in fitness application that is extremely powerful. The built in application has the ability to count steps, gauge your speed, and even monitor calories burned.
The Sony Ericsson W580i’s athletic friendly features aren’t just limited to its fitness application. One super cool feature of the Sony Ericsson W580i is something called the “shake” features. The shake feature allows you to skip tracks with the flick of your wrist. This allows you to keep your eyes on the trail and switch songs without missing a beat.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Walkman 2.0 Media Player with one-touch music shuffle and dedicated music control keys on the front;
- Quad-band connectivity for global roaming and EDGE data network compatibility for AT&T Mobile Music
- 2-megapixel camera with video capture; Memory Stick Micro expansion; Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR connectivit
- Up to 9 hours of talk time, up to 370 hours (15.4 days) of standby time; up to 20 hours of music pla
- Includes: Battery, Charger, Headset, USB Cable, Quickstart Guide and User’s Manual
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
If you are an active runner looking for a great all in one cell phone/mp3 player/fitness application; then the Sony Ericsson W580i is undoubtedly what you are after. Make no mistake that the features listed above are not just a gimmick. This phone has been tested and listed as a Gear of the Year by Outside Magazine in 2008.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: