Smith I/OS Interchangeable Ski Goggles
Smith I/OS Interchangeable Ski Goggles – quick-release system for easy lens swapping
Smith created the I/OS goggles with a quick-release lens system so switching out lenses becomes a breeze. The pre-installed Ignitor Mirror lens is great for all conditions and the included Sensor Mirror lens increases depth perception and acuity in flat light conditions. Smith also has several additional lenses that can be purchased for all sorts of conditions and lighting situations.
Like the Smith Phenom, the I/OS are part of the Smith Spherical series lenses, which feature a greater field of vision and increased volume that maximizes airflow to keep fogging at bay. A micoporous filter is attached to the lens increases fog resistance by encouraging airflow while blocking water molecules.
A molded strap adjustment system helps you get your fit dialed in quickly so you can spend more time on the ski hill and less time fussing with your goggles in the parking lot. Compatible with a wide variety of ski helmets, an Articulating Outrigger Positioning System creates a complete seal around the face with or without a helmet on.
>>Read more about the best ski goggles
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Amazon: $79.99 – $179.95
Why they rock:
- A quick-release lens system allows quick and easy lens changing to optimize performance in all conditions
- Installed Ignitor Mirror lens protects your eyes on bright sunny days and reduces eye fatigue in a variety of conditions
- Included Sensor Mirror maximizes color definition and improves depth perception in flat light conditions
- Vaporator lens technology with Porex filter allows moisture to evaporate away
- Dual-layer Driwix face foam gives the goggle a smooth, comfortable fit
- Microfiber goggle bag has a special sleeve to hold your extra lens
- Wide, silicone-backed strap fits easily around your helmet
- Quickfit strap adjustment system lets you adjust your fit on the go
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
If you are in need of new goggles, I am always going to recommend some Smiths. They tend to fit small to medium sized faces so if they are too small, I would take a look at the Smith I/O or some of our other highly rated ski goggles. Some have complained that these goggles are a bit fragile feeling, but it is because the goggles are essentially rimless to make it easier to switch out the lenses. So if you are rough on goggles and interested in a more durable pair, check out the Smith Phenoms.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one:
Amazon: $79.99 – $179.95