Sierra Designs Vapor Light 2 XL Tent
Sierra Designs Vapor Light 2 XL Tent – Great summer tent for two.
I don’t know what its like where you live, but the weather is just now starting to get beautiful here. In fact, it is just about down right hot! I spent last weekend in an older backpacking tent that was hot, muggy, and no ventilation other than the front door. On top of all that was a rain fly that only contributed to my misery while trying to sleep through the night. Anyways, the point of that story is that it reminded me how much of a difference a good tent can make, especially in warmer temperatures. The Sierra Designs Vapor Light 2 XL Tent seems to have all of things I look for in a warm weather tent.
In my honest opinion, one of the key factors in a good warm weather tent is to find one who’s tent walls are made up primarily of mesh. Its hard to find better ventilation in a tent than that. When using the Sierra Designs Vapor Light 2 XL Tent without the rain fly you will be able to enjoy your view in nice, cool comfort. Should the weather start to go south and you have to put on the rain fly, the Sierra Designs Vapor Light 2 XL Tent still manages to stay cool thanks to all that mesh.
While I keep referring to the Sierra Designs Vapor Light 2 XL Tent as a warm weather tent, make no mistake about it, this tent is a full blown two person, three season, lightweight backpacking tent. Another reason all the mesh on the Sierra Designs Vapor Light 2 XL Tent is that it helps make it incredibly light. If you can believe it, this tent barely tips the scales at around four pounds. That’s a pretty outstanding wieght for such a awesome two person backpacking tent.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- An ultralight D-shaped door and 1 vestibule at the end allows 2 campers easy access and storage without crawling over each other
- Light yet strong DAC Featherlite NSL poles are lightweight and use an anodization process that is gentler on the environment than conventional methods
- Spider Hub technology keeps all poles locked in place so there is no guessing during tent setup—it couldn’t be easier!
- Front poleset includes 2 small whisker poles that pull the top sides of the tent out for more spaciousness; they connect to the tent via sleek Ball Cap assemblies
- Ultralight Clips and color-coded main door/fly keep setup simple and quick
- Jakes Feet at tent corners allow easy attachement of poles, fly and footprint and offer a secure, worry-free hold; a simple twist is all it takes to release the poles
- SuperSeal Floor combines the benefits of catenary and bathtub floors; raised PVC-free side seams are taped for complete waterproofness
- Includes stuff sacks, stakes and guyline
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
There is a lot to like about the Sierra Designs Vapor Light 2 XL Tent and very little not to. This tent has everything i look for in a warm weather tent. Having spent a total of over two years in Costa Rica, I think I know what to look for in a warm weather tent. The Sierra Designs Vapor Light 2 XL Tent has everything I look for and a number of other great features.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: