Sierra Designs Hurricane HP Rain Jacket
Sierra Designs Hurricane HP Rain Jacket – Affordable rain shell.
A good rain shell is an essential piece of gear to have on a day hike. Unfortunately, so many of the quality rain shells are extremely costly. So much so that its hard to justify spending the money on one if you are just a recreational day hiker. The Sierra Designs Hurricane HP Rain Jacket on the other hand, offers an affordable rain shell solution for day hikers.
While the Sierra Designs Hurricane HP Rain Jacket probably isn’t your best bet for hiking in serious rain conditions, it can handle light showers like a champ. Combine that features with its packability and it makes for the perfect day hiking rain shell. The Sierra Designs Hurricane HP Rain Jacket can pack down small enough to fit inside of even the smallest daypack.
So many cheap rain shells are made out of really hot and unbreathable fabrics that make sweat bullets. The Sierra Designs Hurricane HP Rain Jacket on the other hand is made up of a beathabile laminate and ripstop nylon. The Sierra Designs Hurricane HP Rain Jacket also features PVC free seam taping to help offer up as much waterproof as possible.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Ripstop nylon fabric features a solvent-free waterproof, breathable laminate; plus a polyurethane-coated dry finish reduces interior condensation and overheating
- PVC-free seam taping ensures complete protection
- Double stormflaps surround full-length front zipper; underarm zippers allow airflow when activity levels increase
- Attached hood cinches down around face
- Drawcord hem and adjustable cuffs seal out the elements
- 2 zippered hand pockets, 1 zippered chest pocket and 2 interior drop-in mesh pockets
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Sierra Designs Hurricane HP Rain Jacket is such a great buy for the recreational hiker. Its an affordable piece of quality gear that no day hiker should be without. For just around $50 you can have piece of mind knowing that you’ll be prepared if you get caught in the rain during your hike.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: