Sierra Designs Electron RC2 Tent
Sierra Designs Electron RC2 Tent – Feature packed with room to spare.
It’s funny, when buying a car we rarely care how many cup holders or doors a car has to offer. But, find a tent that not only has two doors, but also has two cup holders and you think you have found the best thing since sliced bread. Well, get out your butter knife, because the Sierra Designs Electron RC2 Tent in fact has two doors and two built in cup holders.
I know what you are probably thinking right about now. How on earth does a tent have cup holders? Apparently you have never seen any of the sling type cup holders that were made for camping. These slings could loop around a branch to give you a safe spot to set your coffee without worry about it getting knocked over. Sierra Designs has taken this idea and built it into the Sierra Designs Electron RC2 Tent.
But, the Sierra Designs Electron RC2 Tent isn’t all about flash. It also has plenty of other great features and is made from quality materials. After all, Outside Magazine wouldn’t have added it to their gear of the year issue if it was crap, right?
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Two-person, three-season tent with two doors and two vestibules for easy entry/exit
- Reverse Combi Technology creates steeper walls and nearly 50 percent more space
- Free accessory package with coffee sling, fast-pack footprint, and portable attic
- 33 square feet of interior space; vestibule area measures 14 + 10 square feet
- Measures 121 x 40 x 87 inches (W x H x D) with fly; trail weight of 5 pounds 7 ounces
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
For the price of the Sierra Designs Electron RC2 Tent you get more than you pay for. Sure there is the cup holders and dual door entry, but the Sierra Designs Electron RC2 Tent is also one of the more eco friendly tents on the market. It’s poles are made with less chemicals, the canopy is dye free, and the seems are PVC free. Who knew green could be so well made and so affordable?
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: