Scarpa Raptor Cross-Training Shoes
Scarpa Raptor Cross-Training Shoes – Great on the trail and off.
If you are like me and are to cheap t buy a pair of trail running shoes and another pair of shoes to wear to the gym, then the Scarpa Raptor Cross-Training Shoes might be what you are after as well. If you spend more time at the gym, but like to occasionally go out and run some local trails, you need a pair of shoes that can keep you comfortable at the gym, but give you the protection you need once you hit the trails. The Scarpa Raptor Cross-Training Shoes seem to be capable of doing both of those quite nicely. On top of that, they have a super nice price tag which is great for those of you whoa re looking at these because you are too cheap to buy two pairs of shoes! (Myself included)
The Scarpa Raptor Cross-Training Shoes are great for those who just occasionally go trail running and plan to wear them mostly at the gym. The are more like a super tough running shoe than a trail running shoe. Hence the reason they fall into the cross trainer category. I just want to point out that they are more gym shoes that trail shoes, as some cross trainers tend to be the exact opposite. The Scarpa Raptor Cross-Training Shoes have some deeper grip than most running shoes, and offer more protection in the areas you need it for trail running.
Regardless of if you will be wearing the Scarpa Raptor Cross-Training Shoes on the trail or at the gym, there are a number of features that will help keep your feet comfortable in either situation. For starters, the synthetic uppers on the shoes are extremely breathable. In case that wasn’t enough, the inside of the Scarpa Raptor Cross-Training Shoes feature nylon mesh to help pull moisture away from your feet and help keep them dry. The list of features goes on and on.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Highly breathable synthetic leather uppers with nylon mesh underlays offer a secure, supportive fit; thermoplastic urethane heel slings stabilize the rearfoot
- Reinforced toe caps protect uppers from abrasion and help improve longevity
- Nylon mesh linings quickly transport moisture away from feet for effective climate control within the shoe
- Compression-molded, dual-density EVA midsoles deliver lightweight cushioning and shock absorption
- Thermoplastic urethane midsole plates offer torsional stability and protection underfoot, increasing surefootedness on varied terrain and reducing rock bruising
- Rugged rubber outsoles feature a lug pattern designed to deliver traction on varied surfaces
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
The Scarpa Raptor Cross-Training Shoes might not be the worlds best trail running shoes, but they aren’t really meant to be. The are designed to be a cross training shoe that is capable of off keeping you safe on the trail and comfortable in the gym. Really though, for a pair of shoes this great for $90, who can really complain?
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: