Sawyer Complete Water Treatment System – Basecamp water filter.
A good hiking water filter is a must have when hiking around in the backcountry for an extended period of time. But, when you decide to setup camp at a specific location for a few days, those hand pumps can get a little annoying. Having to filter water one bottle at a time is no fun. Not to mention having to make the trip to the water source over and over again. It is times like these that the Sawyer Complete Water Treatment System comes in handy.
The Sawyer Complete Water Treatment System is a reservoir system that allows you to scoop up 4+ liters of water, hang the system up in a tree, and in just a few minutes you will have 4+ liters of clean drinking water. I dont know about you, but that sure beats hand pumping 4 liters of water any day.
It really is that simple. With the Sawyer Complete Water Treatment System all you really have to do is fill it and hang it. Gravity will take care of the rest. Another cool thing about the Sawyer Complete Water Treatment System is that once the blue reservoir is filled, rather than hang it up for the camp, you can use it as your personal hydration bladder for your pack.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Why they rock:
- Once the blue reservoir is full, hang the reservoir from its handle using the included Nite Ize S-Biner loop and fill your water bottle, pots and pans
- Or, attach the included drink tube and a bite valve of your choice (sold separately) and use the reservoir as you would any hydration system
- Filter physically removes particles, protozoa, and bacteria down to 0.1 micron in size, including giardia, salmonella and cryptosporidia
- All Sawyer water filters exceed Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommendations for removal rates
- Filter is fully field maintainable to ensure a fast flow of water; system includes a faucet adapter for thorough back washing from a household faucet
- Setup is simple and the system packs easily, weighing in at only 18 oz.
- System includes a 4 liter gray reservoir, 4 liter blue reservoir, hollow fiber filter, faucet adapter, drink tube, quick-release hose adapter, S-Biner and instructions for use
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Sawyer Complete Water Treatment System is really just a great buy. If you will be doing any sort of long hike where you will be camping in any one area for more than a night, you should get the Sawyer Complete Water Treatment System. It will make your life so much easier and you’ll wonder why you never bought one before.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: