REI Traverse 30 Daypack
REI Traverse 30 Daypack – Awesome little daypack.
I’m not sure what it is that I especially like about the REI Traverse 30 Daypack, but there is definitely something there. Perhaps it is its unique shapes that is a nice modified version of the classic daypack. It has all the elements of your standard daypack, but in a more comfortable and functional design. The REI Traverse 30 Daypack has plenty of pockets to help keep you organized and enough padding and support to keep you comfortable. No matter if you are planning a day hike in the backcountry or walking around Sea World on a family vacation, the REI Traverse 30 Daypack can handle it.
The pocket loving outdoorsmen is sure to love the REI Traverse 30 Daypack right away, as there is no shortage of pockets inside and out. Near the top of the pack are two zippered pockets that are perfect for storing glasses, electronics, keys, and other small items. Further down on the pack are two vertical pockets that are idea for things like maps, tickets, and other similar items. For small gear that needs to be at hands reach, the REI Traverse 30 Daypack also sports zippered pockets on the waist belt.
If you fancy jumping on the eco friendly bandwagon, you will be happy to know that the REI Traverse 30 Daypack is very much eco friendly. In fact, the better part of the REI Traverse 30 Daypack materials are made up of recycled materials. For example, the back panel on this pack is made up of free flow egg crate packaging. Designed to make the pack more comfortable, this egg crate backing also include channels to allow to air to flow through it to help keep your back more dry and comfortable.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Largely made from 100% recycled PET polyester fabric, each pack keeps 24 16-oz. plastic bottles out of landfills!
- Post-consumer recycled PET polyester is tough enough to endure the daily grind
- Free-Flow egg crate foam back panel is designed to improve body contact comfort, with channels for air circulation to keep your back cool and dry
- Contoured, padded shoulder straps and waistbelt wrap around to offer comfortable support under pack load
- Removable high-density polyethylene framesheet supports heavy loads and protects your back from bulky or pointy items
- Panel-loading pack has 2 top zippered pockets that allow room for organizing small items such as sunglasses, hat, gloves, ID and keys
- Twin vertical zippered front pockets provide storage for important items such as multi-tool, headlamp and compass
- Mesh pocket on waistbelt provides storage for often-accessed essentials; lash points on other side of hipbelt wing provide spot to secure GPS or camera case
- Side mesh pocket creates convenient storage and on-the-go access to water bottle, sunscreen, snacks or small electronics
- Front of pack features lash points and twin ice axe loops, giving you the option to strap on bulky gear
- Side compression straps let you cinch down loads for jostle-free carrying
- Built-in rain cover stows in bottom compartment
- Internal sleeve accommodates the hydration reservoir of your choice (sold separately); dual exit ports allow drinking tube to be routed on either side of pack
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
The REI Traverse 30 Daypack really is a cool little day pack. It is comfortable and offers a ton of pockets for organization. The fact that it is also very much eco friendly is really just an added bonus. Unlike many other eco friendly products that are over priced because they are “green”, the REI Traverse 30 Daypack is less than $80. At that price it is almost a steal.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: