REI Stratocruiser Wheeled Pack 2.0
REI Stratocruiser Wheeled Pack 2.0 – Award winning REI travel pack.
Its no that often you see “generic” gear grace the pages of Outside Magazines Gear of the Year issue. While REI gear has certainly made a name for its self as quality gear, you get my point. The REI Stratocruiser Wheeled Pack 2.0 is a piece of luggage no serious vagabond can afford to be without. It is designed to handle the rough life on the road in style and grace.
As, you will notice, the REI Stratocruiser Wheeled Pack 2.0 can easily be converted from a backpack, to duffel bag, to a rolling bag. The backpack feature offers padded shoulder straps and a functional waist belt. The entire conversion process from backpack to rolling luggage can be done in less time than it takes the airline ticket agent to give you your boarding pass. Another nice feature as far as the rolling part goes, the REI Stratocruiser Wheeled Pack 2.0 can stand up right when not in use.
The entire REI Stratocruiser Wheeled Pack 2.0 is constructed out of 420 denier nylon twill. This means the REI Stratocruiser Wheeled Pack 2.0 can handle to rigors of the road without any problem. The bottom of the REI Stratocruiser Wheeled Pack 2.0 is extremely protected with some serious 630 denier ballistic nylon. This helps to protect the pack fro the wear and tear that comes with rolling it everywhere.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
REI : $230
Why they rock:
- For trips up to one week
- Convert from wheeled luggage to comfortable backpack with zip-away, padded shoulder straps and waistbelt
- Main pack features an oversized U-shape zipper opening to main compartment and zip-away side water bottle pocket
- Inside you’ll find two organizer pockets; compression straps help stabilize load
- Removable daypack zips off main pack easily; features water bottle pockets, front zippered pocket and plenty of room for books, camera and snacks
- Pass-through pocket allows you to slide daypack over the handle of main pack for quick and easy check-in
- Our exclusive grippy handle is comfortable and extends easily; when not in use, handle is flush with bag preventing snags on luggage conveyor belts
- Shock-absorbing wheels roll smoothly and quietly over parking lots, carpets and uneven terrain
- Pack’s flexible construction and shape eases storage in car trunks
- Padded top handle and bottom luggage feet make carrying convenient
- Daypack volume is 1,200 cu. in., plus main bag volume of 3,450 cu. in. for a total volume of 4,650 cu. in.
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
If you are planning to backpack across Europe or take a round the world trip, you are going to want to invest some serious money into a travel pack that can keep up with you. The REI Stratocruiser Wheeled Pack 2.0 just might be that travel pack. Check it out online, or go and talk to the super nice people at REI and see if its right for you.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites:
REI : $230