REI Singular Sling Bag 2.0
REI Singular Sling Bag 2.0 – Trendy shoulder bag.
I myself have never really been a fan of these single strap sling bags. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but I am more of a messenger bag kind of guy. That said, the REI Singular Sling Bag 2.0 seems like a pretty decent sling bag. Way better than the crappy ones you see at the Gap o get as a giveaway from the radio station. I actually came across the REI Singular Sling Bag 2.0 while I was looking for some good cases for netbooks. While the https://www.travelgearblog.com/archive/netbook-roundup.html doesn’t have a laptop sleeve, nor is it designed to be a laptop case, it seems like it would work well to carry your netbook and gear around while you travel or to the coffee shop.
Before I go into all the specific features of the REI Singular Sling Bag 2.0, let me talk about it works well for netbook users. I have said it before, that the problem with netbooks is actually the feature that makes them great, their size. They are just too small for traditional laptop cases and messenger bags. But, because the REI Singular Sling Bag 2.0 is about half the size of the the typical messenger bag it makes for a perfect bag for netbooks. The bags gives you just enough room to store your netbook and a few other sight seeing essentials without any problem.
Netbook pros aside, the REI Singular Sling Bag 2.0 still has plenty of cool features to offer, even if you don’t have a netbook. The large main pocket on the REI Singular Sling Bag 2.0 features a full length zipper which makes it easy to stuff the pack with your favorite daily essentials, no matter where you are. The smaller front pocket of the pack is great for smaller items and even features an organizer to keep those smaller items secure, organized, and easy to find.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Airmesh padded single-shoulder sling offers flexibility and comfort while allowing full access to pack without taking it off
- Extra-long, side-loading zipper allows easy access to main compartment
- Panel-loading main compartment has space for files and books; sized to fit a laptop sleeve up to 14 inches, sold separately
- Front zippered pocket with zipper garage features a tethered, removable organizer for storage of pens, PDA, business cards, keys and other essentials
- Conveniently located for easy access, a waist pocket stores small items such as lip balm and spare change
- Also features convenient cell phone/sunglasses pocket and music pocket with headphone port
- All zippers are highly water-resistant, protecting the bag’s contents from extreme weather elements
- Three-point suspension system includes a padded, adjustable shoulder strap and a removable stabilizer strap for a secure fit when biking or walking
- REI logo functions as LED light-clip loop
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
If you are into the whole sling bag thing, then you will probably appreciate all the small touches on the REI Singular Sling Bag 2.0 that have made it so popular. If you are a netbook user who is in search of a netbook cases that will actually fit their netbook without it getting lost in the bag, you will deffinitly love the REI Singular Sling Bag 2.0.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: