REI Quarter Dome T3 Tent
REI Quarter Dome T3 Tent – 2008 Backpacker Magazine Editors Choice
The REI Quarter Dome T3 Tent may just be one of the best three person tents I have ever seen. With such thought to detail and quality of craftsmanship, you could expect to pay in the range $400. Not so with the REI Quarter Dome T3 Tent. Weighing in at around five pounds when packed and costing about $290, the REI Quarter Dome T3 Tent is light on your back and your wallet.
Thanks to a rectangular floor plan, the REI Quarter Dome T3 Tent offers plenty of room for three backpackers and their gear. The tension truss architecture helps keep the tent walls taunt, while giving its occupants plenty of head room to sit up and move about freely. Inside the REI Quarter Dome T3 Tent you’ll find plenty of pockets and organizers to keep the inside clean.
The wealth of pocket is not only limited to the side pocket organizers. In fact, even the tents teardrop shaped doors have their own pockets. We aren’t just talking about a velcro strap to keep the door out of the way, but a full blown pocket that keeps the door 100% out of the way when rolled up.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Dry entry/exit vestibule design ensures water won’t drip into the tent when doors are open during rainy weather
- Preassembled hub/pole set, pole clips and color-coding ensure a quick and easy setup; poles break down small to fit easily in your backpack
- DAC Featherlite NSL poles help make this tent ultra light
- Seam-sealed bathtub design and water-tight corners create a waterproof floor
- Active climate control uses flow-through chimney ventilation to keep air moving through the tent to reduce condensation; vents operate from inside
- No-wick construction ensures that water won’t sneak through susceptible areas such as guy-out points, polewraps and zippers in wet conditions
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I highly recommend going to see this tent at your local REI store. If you spend a few minutes checking it out, its easy to see why Backpacker Magazine gave it the Editors Choice award this year. For the price and the weight of the REI Quarter Dome T3 Tent, there is really nothing else that compares.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: