REI Quantum Laptop Backpack
REI Quantum Laptop Backpack – Part briefcase, part backpack.
I’m really picky when it comes to any sort of laptop case, laptop backpack, or anything along those lines. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have not only worked off my laptop out of backpack for a long time, but also had to ride my bike to work as well. All to often laptop backpack makers claim that a backpack will perform well under certain conditions or that the bag is designed to be super tough without actually testing it out very well. This isn’t so much the case with the REI Quantum Laptop Backpack.
In my honest, mobile worker opinion, I think the REI Quantum Laptop Backpack has many of the features that a true mobile worker or business person could need or want. There really are very few, if any, features missing that one could ask for. No matter if you are just a regular business traveler who wants a carry on backpack that can keep their computer and business papers organized, or just a web worker who commutes to the coffee shop every few days, the REI Quantum Laptop Backpack has got you covered.
While there are a ton of great features on the REI Quantum Laptop Backpack, I’m just going to cover the ones that I most enjoy as a mobile worker. Since I ride my bike a lot to work, I enjoy how thick the straps on the pack are. They are exceptionally thick for a laptop backpack. The fact that it was a built in waist strap is also nice for when I’m riding the back. But, if you don’t need the waist belt, you can just pack it away. The main pocket on the pack also has a number of smaller pockets and place to keep all your equipment and papers separated and organized.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Largely made from 100% recycled PET; each pack keeps 39 16-oz. plastic bottles out of landfills!
- Use of recycled PET polyester helps reduce oil consumption and air emissions
- Exterior zipper allows quick and easy access to the laptop compartment without having to open the entire bag
- Corrugated foam padding provides superior protection for your laptop computer; accommodates up to 15 in. laptops
- Gusseted main compartment opens wide and features pockets for computer peripherals, books, documents and files
- Front gusseted pocket with organizer panel stows pens/pencils, cell phone, PDA, computer peripherals and car keys
- Top zippered pocket is padded to protect a digital music player; headphone port lets you listen while your device stays protected in the pocket
- Front accessory pocket keeps small items within reach; side mesh pocket holds a 1-liter water bottle
- Ergonomically contoured, padded shoulder straps with sternum strap comfortably support the load while walking to class, library or office
- Webbing waistbelt improves carrying comfort and can be removed when not in use
- Top carry handle is padded for comfortable hauling; side handle lets you carry the bag like a briefcase
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
For the quality of construction and amount of features that the REI Quantum Laptop Backpack has, it is amazing to me that it has such a low price tag. So many of the computer backpacks out there cost over $100 bucks which is just crazy to me. The only drawback to the REI Quantum Laptop Backpack is that it can only fit laptops with up to a 14 inch screen.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: