Petzl Adjama Climbing Harness
Petzl Adjama Climbing Harness – easy to adjust, safe, and comfortable climbing harness
The Petzl Adjama Climbing Harness is a perfect harness for the climber moving from beginner to advanced climber. Easily adjustable leg loops make the Adjama great for ice climbing and mountaineering since you can put the harness on while wearing crampons plus the droppable leg loops make a bathroom run into the woods a bit easier.
DoubleBack buckles let you easily adjust the harness with a single pull. You do not have to double back the Adjama like other harnesses and this can take some getting used to since the need to double back is ingrained in all beginner climber’s heads.
Perforated padding increases ventilation and adds comfort in the heat of summer. Woven polyester lines the inside of the harness to wick moisture and speeds up drying in rainy conditions. Two molded gear loops on the side and two soft gear loops on the back hold all your trad or sport gear, plus two Caritool slots provide a place for your ice screws in winter.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- Frame Construction with breathable monofilament mesh evenly distributes pressure, providing maximum support and comfort
- Adjustable leg loops allow size to be adjusted depending on comfort desired or layers of clothing worn and permit the harness to be put on when wearing skis or crampons
- Woven polyester mesh on the inside of the harness wicks moisture for improved comfort and speeds drying in wet conditions
- Perforated closed cell foam on the waistbelt and leg loops increases breathability
- DoubleBack buckles are pre-threaded and adjust quickly with a single pull, helping to ensure proper closure
- Green belay loop helps users identify proper tie-in / attachment point
- Reinforced tie-in points for increased durability in this high-wear area
- Rigid, inclined front equipment loops for easy access to gear; flexible rear loops stay out of the way while wearing a pack
- Trail line loop
- Two CARITOOL slots
- Detachable elastic leg loop straps
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
The Petzl Adjama’s mesh design is unique as far as climbing harnesses go. A great four-season harness, the Adjama will keep you cooler and drier during long climbing sessions. The amount of padding is about average for climbing harnesses but the precise cut is what makes the harness comfortable. It is available in three sizes (S, M, and L). I wasn’t able to test it out because the small size was still too large for me. Women will definitely want to take a look at the Petzl Women’s Luna Harness.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: