Osprey Talon 22
Osprey Talon 22 – lightweight, versatile daypack for all your favorite activities
The Osprey Talon 22 takes daypacks to a new level. This lightweight pack holds everything you need for a serious day of adventure in the outdoors.
You can stuff a days worth of food, a hydration bladder, a change of clothes, and some safety gear in the main compartment and stash your raincoat or frequently needed gear for easy access in the front stretch pocket. Zippered pockets on the hipbelt are large enough for a compact digital camera in one pocket and some energy gels or trail mix in the other and the stretch side pockets carry any other extras you need for your trip.
Osprey designed the Talon 22 for superior comfort. The Talon has a mesh harness and hipbelt for added breathability plus a well-padded backpanel with air channels is designed to keep air moving between the pack and wearer.
The Talon is available in two sizes and has an adjustable torso so it is sure to fit a variety of hikers. The Talon will be sure to keep you cool, comfy, and organized for all your daily ventures.
The quick & dirty: Where you can find one:
Why they rock:
- Weighs in at just 28 ounces
- Osprey’s well-padded backpanel features air channels to keep air flowing underneath your pack
- Mesh-covered shoulder straps and hipbelt increase breathability
- Adjustable suspension system fits a variety of back lengths
- 4 pockets plus main compartment
- Main compartment holds lunch and extra set of clothes
- Front stretch pocket is great for stashing a jacket and frequently needed gear
- Zippered mesh pockets on the hipbelt are large enough for a compact camera or snacks
- Stretch pockets on each side fits small water bottle or trekking poles
- Fully hydration compatible with hydration tube strap on harness
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
I absolutely love the size and versatility of this pack – I just might need to trade in my beloved Black Diamond Bullet for this pack. I am a big fan of hipbelt pockets and this pack has two. You can easily use and stash your camera without having to take your pack on and off.
One important thing to note though is that these small (15-22 liter packs) are not great for hauling huge loads. The Osprey Talon 22 is only recommended for load sizes of about 20 pounds or less. If you want a daypack designed to carry a bit more gear take a look at the Osprey Atos.