Osprey Aura 65 Pack – Women’s
Osprey Aura 65 Pack – Women’s – Female friendly version of the Atmos.
The Osprey Atmos pack was such a popular backpack it was only a matter of time before they made one especially for the ladies. Now, women too can enjoy the comfort and amazingly light pack known as the Atmos. The Women’s Osprey Aura 65 Pack has all of the same great features as the, Atmos, but has been tailored to better fit the female form.
Lets talk about the female specific features of the Women’s Osprey Aura 65 Pack before we discuss the packs other great features. First off, the Women’s Osprey Aura 65 Pack has a shorter frame and more narrow shoulder pads. These two changes make the Women’s Osprey Aura 65 Pack much more comfortable for women. The suspension system is also designed to give you plenty of support, but still flex with your movements.
As far as the Women’s Osprey Aura 65 Pack goes, it has all the major features that made the Atmos great. Some of these features include the packs top loading floating lid design, which allows you to pack way more gear than you thought you could or possibly need. There are also a load of small pockets all over the pack, give you plenty of places to stash smaller items.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Top-loading design with a floating lid pocket allows extensive gear storage; zippered access to main pack though left front pocket
- Features twin front slash pockets with water-resistant welded zippers, stretch-woven front and side pockets, and zippered mesh pockets on waistbelt
- AirSpeed suspension features a beefed up 10mm aluminum alloy frame and titanium torsion rods for support yet flexibility while carrying heavy loads
- Anchoring to the lumbar area, the suspension provides uniform pressure with no hot spots
- Providing a custom carry, the contoured harness and canted hipbelt are specically shaped to fit a woman
- ErgoPull hipbelt provides extra leverage in cinching, drawing tension along top and bottom—not through the center—relieving hipbone pressure
- Shoulder straps and hipbelt feature cushy, thermo-formed foam with a perforated waffle-pattern to aid ventilation
- Externally accessible lower compartment accommodates a sleeping bag
- Hydration-compatible design features tube portholes and a cavity behind mesh backpanel to hold reservoir (sold separately)
- Multi-position bungee clips let you attach a bungee cord for lashing on extra gear to the outside of pack
- Removable sleeping pad straps
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
There aren’t a whole lot of really good women’s multi day backpacking packs out on the market. But, it is safe to say that the Women’s Osprey Aura 65 Pack is one of them. You pretty much can’t go wrong with any of the Osprey packs. They are well made and easy on the wallet.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: