Osprey Argon 85 Pack
Osprey Argon 85 Pack – An extended trip backpack.
Create a custom fitting backpack with the Osprey Argon 85 Pack. This pack is built with the quality you would expect from Osprey and offers plenty in the way of customization. From its heat moldable hip pads to the gender specific cut shoulder straps, the Osprey Argon 85 Pack can promise a super comfortable pack without standing load transfer for its wearer.
The main feature on the Osprey Argon 85 Pack that helps to create a custom fit are the hip pads. The hipbelt is a BioForm CM A/X hip belt that is made with heat moldable foam. These moldable hip pads can be taken to any retail store, such as REI, that has a certified Osprey custom molding station. Here, they can help you get a fit that is 100% unique to you. To keep the hip pads comfortable, the seems are located on the inside to relieve pressure on the hips.
The Osprey Argon 85 Pack is a gender specific pack that has been designed for a mans body. The interchangeable shoulder straps are laminated as well as dual density. These straps can be easily adjusted to fit a mans shoulder and chest contours. Combine that with some super cool load lifter straps and you have a pack that fits like a glove feels like a feather.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- AirScape backpanel features three sections of ridged foam and a central air chimney for increased ventilation
- Lightweight, removable sil nylon AquaSource hydration sleeve converts to a hydration pack for day-tripping (reservoir sold separately)
- Removable top lid has one compartment with a waterproof zipper and lash-on points; converts to a lumbar pack with AirScape lumbar pad
- ReCurve supsension optimizes fit and load transfer; features an HDPE framesheet, two aluminum stays and dual aluminum rods
- Running down the sidewall, ReCurve aluminum rods create a pretensioned lift mechanism that resists sag and actively transfers load to hips
- Load-lifter straps act with ReCurve rods and framesheet to draw load snug against your back for increased control and stability
- Gender specific, the interchangeable, laminated dual-density shoulder straps adjust easily to fit a man’s shoulder and chest contours
- Provides complete access to main compartment via top-loading and side zippered openings
- Externally accessible, wide-mouth sleeping bag compartment accommodates large synthetic bags
- Side pockets, one zippered and one mesh, keep essentials handy and secure and double as slots for hauling skis A-frame style
- StraightJacket wings let you securely compress the contents of the pack, whether it’s full or nearly empty, without sag or load distortion
- Wings buckle across the front when full; for small loads, connect straps to buckles at the edge of the backpanel, cinching one panel over the other
- Stretch-woven front pocket allows quick and easy stashing
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
Who says a custom fitting backpack has to cost a lot? The Osprey Argon 85 Pack is super comfortable right off the shelf. Spend the time to get it custom molded to your body and you have a pack thats comfortable like no other. the best part, you didnt even have to pay extra to get it custom molded.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites:
Check out some of our reviews of other Osprey products:
Osprey Sojourn Wheeled Convertible Pack
Osprey Vector Wheeled Luggage
Osprey ReSource Elroy Messenger Bag
Osprey Packs Crescent 75
Osprey Stratos 40