Oregon Scientific ATC3K Waterproof Action Cam
Oregon Scientific ATC3K Waterproof Action Cam – easy to use, entry-level helmet cam
The Oregon Scientific Action Cam easily mounts to ski helmets, handlebars, or other sports equipment to capture video at 640 x 480 VGA resolution at 30 frames per second. Great for capturing video in extreme conditions, the camera is waterproof up to 10 feet, shock resistant, and durable.
Weighing in at only half a pound (with batteries), the ATC3K Action Cam is incredibly compact and fits nearly anywhere. A simple 3-button design makes easy to use and the LCD screen displays start/stop, shooting modes, and resolution. The camera also comes with a webcam stand and webcam installation CD for added versatility.
Although the ATC3K doesn’t come with a memory card, it comes with 32 MB of internal memory. The SD card slot supports cards up to 4 GB for 60 minutes of video at full resolution. The camera also comes with a TV cable for instant play on the big screen and a USB connector to upload video to your computer.
>>Read more about the best helmet cameras
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- Full-function, hands-free, digital recording
- Waterproof up to 10 feet and shock-resistant for extreme conditions
- Mounting grips and straps of different length are included. Mounts easily on helmets, handlebars, and other sports equipment
- 640 x 480 VGA resolution at 30 frames per second
- Wider Field of View (FOV) – 48 degrees
- USB and RCA cables included for easy playback on PC or TV (NTSC)
- SD card expansion up to 4GB – onboard memory is 32MB
- Compatible with operation system WIN2000/XP/Vista and Apple Mac X 10.3/10.4Operates with 2 AA batteries, not included
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 7 out of 10
I haven’t seen this camera in action, but can say that from the reviews I read that people are happy with the video this camera captures as long as they know that this is an entry-level camera. The ATC3K doesn’t capture as good of video as the GoPro Hero and the audio isn’t as great either, but it is a good entry-level camera for the price. If you are serious about capturing some stellar video, I would go with the GoPro Hero HD for sure, but if you want to start dabbling in action video this camera will suffice.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: