North Face Amore Jacket
North Face Amore—versatile down jacket for snow-minded athletes
I really wasn’t planning on buying a new ski jacket this year. That was until I made a trip to the North Face outlet and zipped into the women’s Amore jacket. I fell in love almost immediately.
Designed with a diamond ripstop and tonal plaid detailing on the exterior, the Amore jacket passed the first test of looking great. It’s stylish and practical at the same time, with 600 fill down, which provides exceptional protection against brutal, wintry conditions.
As someone who spends a lot of time in the winter on the slopes, I wanted to find a warm jacket that would not only keep me warm on even the most brutally cold and windy days on the mountain, as well as a jacket that was sleek and stylish enough to wear on cold days around town.
The Amore has tons of great features—it’s made from waterproof, breathable material, has an adjustable, detachable hood, handwarmer zip pockets, an internal goggle and media security pocket, a snap-back powder skirt and a buddy lift clip. In other words, this warm and comfy jacket is perfect for getting out in the elements no matter what the season.
>>Check out more of the best ski jackets
The Quick & Dirty:
Where you can get one: Altrec.com, Backcountry.com, REI, US Outdoor Store
Why it Rocks:
• Ripstop polyester shell features HyVent™ polyurethane coating, offering waterproof protection, breathability and durability
• 600-fill-power goose down provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio; goose down is the lightest, warmest and most compressible insulation available
• Features zippered handwarmer pockets, Napoleon pocket and an internal media pocket
• Also includes an internal pocket for goggle storage
• Adjustable, insulated hood easily detaches when not needed
• Powder skirt with gripping elastic keeps snow out; attachment loops for coordinating snow pants create a seamless fit
• Hem cinch cord and adjustable cuffs with rip-and-stick closures help seal out cold air while retaining valuable warmth
• Buddy lift clip keeps your lift pass close at hand for quick access in line
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I’ve been absolutely loving this jacket. It’s kept me warm on a wet and cold day on the mountain, keeps cold wind from chilling you to the bones and looks great at the same time. It’s got great features that make it an ideal jacket for heading up to the mountain with.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: