MSR Pocket Rocket Backpacking Stove
MSR Pocket Rocket Backpacking Stove – Lightest stove ever!
When it comes to efficient, lightweight backpacking stoves, it is hard to beat the MSR Pocket Rocket Backpacking Stove. It is so small in fact, that the stove portion could actually fit in your pocket with room to spare. If you are a serious lightweight backpacker, or just looking to lighten you load a little bit, the MSR Pocket Rocket Backpacking Stove can help you do just that. Best part of this little guy? It has a small price tag to match its small size.
When it comes to backpacking stoves, it is hard to beat anything made by the guys at MSR. Everything they make is high quality and well thought out, the MSR Pocket Rocket Backpacking Stove is no exception. The MSR Pocket Rocket Backpacking Stove may be small, but it packs the power of a full size backpacking stove.
How much power does the MSR Pocket Rocket Backpacking Stove have? Well, it has enough to power to boil a liter of water in less than four minutes. Can your current backpacking stove do that? One of the best parts about the MSR Pocket Rocket Backpacking Stove is how simple it is to operate. There is nothing to operate, prime, or preheat. All you have to do is screw in the MSR Pocket Rocket Backpacking Stove to the fuel source, turn it on, and start cooking.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Lightweight and compact, weighing just over 3 oz., the Pocket Rocket boils a liter of water in less than 4 min.!
- Stove is simple to operate, with no priming, preheating or pressurizing required; simply turn it on, light and start cooking
- Fully-adjustable flame, from a rolling boil to a slow simmer, lets you cook gourmet meals; control valve is easy to operate even with gloved hands
- Serrated pot-supports prevent the pot from shifting; folds up compact for travel
- Compatible with most self-sealing canister fuel, making it a great choice for global travel
- Includes a protective, custom-fit travel case
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
As I have said in the past, you can’t go wrong with anything made by MSR. The MSR Pocket Rocket Backpacking Stove is so small and so affordable that it can make for a great primary stove for lightwieght backpackers. But, it is also idea as a back up stove for emergency kits. Ease of use, lightwieght, and affordable; what more could you ask for?
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: