MSR HyperFlow Microfilter
MSR HyperFlow Microfilter – Super light and wicked fast.
Nobody really likes pumping hiking water filters. Sure they are essential pieces of gear for the whole “survival” factor, but that doesn’t mean we have to like them. Really, what’s to like about them?
Most of them require a painstaking amount of pumping that takes forever, only to result in water that is less than tasteful. It is no wonder many people switch to chemical alternatives and give up on the pump.
If you are one of the many outdoor enthusiasts who have written off backcountry water pumps altogether, you may be surprised by the MSR HyperFlow Microfilter. This sucker is one of the fastest pumping water filters on the market today. The MSR HyperFlow Microfilter is so fast that it not only won Backpacker Magazines Editors Choice award, but it also converted many testers who had sworn off pumps as well.
So just how fast is the MSR HyperFlow Microfilter you ask? To put it simply, the MSR HyperFlow Microfilter can pump out a whooping 2.75 liters per minute. That my friends, is nothing short of amazing. These supersonic pump speeds are brought to you in part by the hollow fiber filter that allows for an extremely high flow rate.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- You’ll be blown away by how fast you can fill a water bottle with the MSR HyperFlow™ microfilter
- Hollow fiber technology offers an extremely high flow rate of 2.75 liters per minute
- At just 7.8 oz., the HyperFlow is the lightest, most compact pump filter created by MSR
- Filter physically removes particles, protozoa, and bacteria down to 0.2 microns in size, including giardia, salmonella, cryptosporidia and others
- Pump is fully field maintainable and does not require tools for complete disassembly
- Included Quick-Connect™ bottle cap interfaces with MSR hydration products, Nalgene bottles and other containers with 63mm threaded openings
- Quick-Connect™ cap allows the pump to attach directly to the bottle or hydration bladder for the most convenient filling
- Included prefilter attaches to the end of the intake hose and blocks larger contaminants from entering the microfilter
- Prefilter floats near the surface of the water to avoid intake of contaminants located at the floor of your water source
- Over-molded end caps on the pump provide an excellent grip and pumping comfort
- Adapt the HyperFlow pump into a pump-free gravity filter with the HyperFlow Gravity kit, sold separately
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
Not only is the MSR HyperFlow Microfilter fast to pump out fresh tasting water, but it is also very lightweight. The MSR HyperFlow Microfilter tips the scales at around 7.8 ounces for the entire unit. This makes the MSR HyperFlow Microfilter the lightest water pump filter in the MSR line.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites:
It might be worth looking into the Katadyn Pocket Water Filter