Mountain Hardwear Xenon Jacket
Mountain Hardwear Xenon Jacket – A must see jacket.
I think its safe to say that if you were designing the ultimate jacket that it would be lightweight, breathable, waterproof, and packable. Lucky for you, that jacket has already been made and it is called the Mountain Hardwear Xenon Jacket. Honestly, the Mountain Hardwear Xenon Jacket really does have just about anything you could want in a lightweight, backpacking jacket.
Most of the Mountain Hardwear Xenon Jacket’s amazing powers come from the the Gore-Tex Performance 2.5 layer fabric. This special Gore-Tex fabric offers exceptional breath ability and waterproofness, as well as being lightweight and packable. The Mountain Hardwear Xenon Jacket also uses micro-taped construction to keep the jacket light and tight.
To make sure you stay comfortable, the Mountain Hardwear Xenon Jacket has super light pit zips. The zips help keep you warm when its chilly and let it breath when it gets warm. Soft micro-chamois fabric is sewn into the collar area at the chin and nape to keep you warm and comfortable.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Attached hood with brim rolls up for easy, out-of-the-way storage; when in use, it offers two-way adjustability for exceptional fit and stability
- Two-way front zipper features laminated, double storm flaps to keep rain and wind outside
- Soft microchamois fabric sewn along the collar at the nape and chin provides warmth and prevents chafing
- Hem drawcord can be firmly secured with just one hand
- Laminated cuffs with rip-and-stick closures let you snug the end of the sleeves securely inside or outside your gloves
- Hand and chest pockets feature breathable mesh lining and welded, water-resistant zippers; also includes an interior zip pocket
- Articulated sleeves allow freedom of movement for increased comfort
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
As I said before, the Mountain Hardwear Xenon Jacket might be the ultimate backpacking jacket. The only drawback on this amazing jacket is the price tag. Although it is competitively priced with other jackets in its class, its still a tad expensive at $280. But I guess thats the price you pay for perfection.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: