Mountain Hardwear Ultralamina +15 Sleeping Bag
Mountain Hardwear Ultralamina +15 Sleeping Bag – lightweight, synthetic 3-season bag
The Mountain Hardwear Ultralamina is a reliably warm sleeping bag that is great for camping in cold and damp climates. Sure the Ultralamina is a bit heavier than its down counterparts but this synthetic bag will keep you warm even if it gets wet plus it dries much faster than down. The Ultralamina also comes with a more pleasant price tag compared to down bags rated to the same temperature.
The Ultralamina +15 is designed as a 3-season bag but it also performs well in mild winter conditions with its superior warmth technology. The bag is cut performance style – a mummy shape with less girth at shoulders, hips, and lower legs delivers maximum thermal efficiency.
The bag also comes with some fun features like the dual entry half-zips. The dual zips let the person keep their legs and toes toasty while sitting up reading or cooking. There is also an internal pocket that lets you store your keys, sunglasses, or headlamp for easy access.
The Mountain Hardwear Ultralamina +15 also comes in a women’s specific version offering more insulation in the torso and footbox, which are high heat loss areas for women.
Why they rock:
- Lightweight, 3-season synthetic sleeping bag
- Average weight 2 lbs. 14 oz. to 3 lbs. 1 oz.
- Performance mummy cut is snug, reducing girth, weight, and bulk and maximizing thermal efficiency.
- Patented, welded Lamina construction enhances loft and eliminates cold spots Ultralight shell is soft and highly wind resistant
- Comfort Footbox follows natural foot position for maximum warmth and comfort
- Dual zippers minimize weight and provide ventilation options
- Internal zippered pocket at shoulder for storage
- Face gasket and tailored hood comfortably block drafts at the hood opening and seal in warmth
- Nylon stuff sack and mesh storage sack included
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
If you are in the market for a warm bag and plan on camping in wet and humid conditions, you should definitely give the Mountain Hardware Ultralamina +15 a try. I personally prefer the comfort of down yet found the high loft and softness of this bag just as cozy as down. The bag is snug to enhance warmth so I recommend climbing inside both the long and regular versions to find the best fit.