Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 Tent
Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 Tent – A strong and light mountaineering tent.
Mountaineering tents are a special breed of tent. They are designed withstand just about anything mother nature can throw at them. Short of a hurricane coming and picking one up, there is little that can make a quality mountaineering tent faultier. A good mountaineering tent should be able to offer you a home away from home in any condition. But, a great mountaineering tent should offer you all the comforts of home, without feeling like you are carrying around a house. This is exactly what the Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 Tent has to offer.
What good house doesn’t come with a garage these days? While the Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 Tent doesn’t have any parking space, it does have some spacious vestibule areas. That’s kind of like a garage, right? The Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 Tent sports a large vestibule on the front door of the tent. The Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 Tent also sports a rear vestibule to create a dry entry vestibule and helps keep water from dripping inside of the tent.
A rainfly on any tent is important, but it is especially important on a mountaineering tent. The Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 Tent is no exception. The Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 Tent uses a expedition grade nylon taffeta. This rainfly uses a polyurethane coating on the inside of it and a silicone coating on the outside. This helps to offer up a ton of strength against sun, wind, rain, snow, and other elements.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Evolution Tension Arch: panels of low-stretch fabric along the pole connection arcs reinforce the pole structure and stabilize the tent in 3 dimensions
- Atlas Scandium XL poles are very light, super strong and completely field serviceable without tools
- Additionally, these tough XL poles come with subzero Shok cord and heat-treated aluminum threaded pole tips
- 2 large D-shaped doors let you choose between mesh for ventilation or ripstop nylon for 4-season use and privacy
- Full-length vestibule pole creates a large front vestibule area and adds strength; clear UVX film window is rip-proof and allows views outside
- Tension Shelf supports the vestibule pole which greatly increases vestibule volume, adds structural strength and offers overhead storage
- Rear vestibule offers an extra entry and extra storage space for gear; zipper allows access to rainfly for roll-up ventilation
- Dry-entry vestibule design prevents water from dripping inside tent when vestibule is open, improving livability
- Upper canopy through-vent has mesh panel for airflow and ripstop nylon panel for 4-season use
- Expedition nylon taffeta rainfly features a polyurethane coating on the inside and a silicone coating on the outside for added rip- and UV-resistance; clear SVX film window
- Expedition bathtub-style nylon floor features a non-hydrolyzing polyether urethane coating, making it one of the strongest floors available
- Internal guy system provides additional rigidity to the structure by creating resistance to the flexing and deformation of the frame
- Other technical features include reflective guyout loops, reflective starter point, welded guy clip anchors and superlight 1/4 in. buckles and webbing
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
While the Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 Tent has a lot to offer when it comes to protection from the elements. But, that doesn’t mean it is the perfect tent. The Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 Tent is designed as a mountaineering tent. As such, it may be more tent than the average person needs. But, if you live out of a tent in extreme conditions for an extended amount of time, than the Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 Tent might be perfect for you.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: