Mountain Hardwear Skyledge 2.1 Tent
Mountain Hardwear Skyledge 2.1 Tent – Sweet new tent by Mountain Hardwear
Talk about an open and airy tent! The Mountain Hardwear Skyledge 2.1 Tent will make it hard pressed for you to overheat inside of your tent. This sucker is 90% mesh and allows for ventilation from every angle. This slick new tent isn’t just airier, but it is also bigger. Three whole inches to be exact. That might not seem like much to some, but to others, it is a world of difference.
The new Mountain Hardwear Skyledge 2.1 Tent has really got it going on. It has embraced new technologies to not only make the entire tent lighter, but bigger as well. On the new Mountain Hardwear Skyledge 2.1 Tent you will find and extra three inches of length. What you won’t find is the quarter pound that they managed to shave off of the new design. But this new design is more than just extra room and light weight.
Made for tow, the Mountain Hardwear Skyledge 2.1 Tent offers each occupant their own door which is always a plus. When you use the rain fly, you will find two huge vestibules on each side. This gives each camper plenty of room to store their gear on their side of the tent. Pockets on the inside of tent also aid in keeping the iside of the Mountain Hardwear Skyledge 2.1 Tent neat and organized.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Mesh abounds in this Skyledge tent for two—so the views and ventilation rock!
- Two dual-slider mesh doors combine with two generously sized dry-entry vestibules for easy entry/exit and gear storage
- Atlas UL (ultralight) aluminum poles combine a variable-diameter tube with lightweight, tapered floating connectors
- The result is a significant reduction in materials and weight, yet optimal pole flex and strength—tailored to the demands of the minimalist
- Also, due to the flex and strength of the connectors these poles are shorter in length to stow more easily in a pack
- Additional weight is trimmed by using sub-zero shockcord
- Evolution Tension Arch technology uses a system of low-stretch fabric panels that reinforce the poles and add to the rigidity of the tent’s structure
- Superlight rainfly clips and a molded-grommet tab system attach canopy and rainfly to shave weight
- Superlight ripstop nylon rainfly has silicone and polyurethane coatings for waterproofness, added strength and less stretch in wet conditions
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
You pretty much can’t go wrong when buying anything made by Mountain Hardwear. This new Mountain Hardwear Skyledge 2.1 Tent is no exception. It really is a sleek looking tent. Its the perfect two man tent for summer camping, backpacking, and more.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: