Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3
Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3 – Best selling warm weather tent.
An outstanding warm weather tent, the Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3, is one of Mountain Hardwears bets selling tents. The Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3 is a free standing, 3 person, tent with plenty of features to keep all three of its residents happy.
Made with Atlas 7001 poles, the Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3 is lighter, stronger, and better than ever. The Atlas poles provide added strength and durability to the Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3. The great thing about these poles is that they are easy to fix in the backcountry, even without the use of tools.
The Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3 has a cool convertible roof panel the rns the length of the tent. Made with NoSeeUm mesh, its perfect for laying out under the stars. There’s plenty of headroom as well as a nice amount of floor space. The Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3 also sports two large vestibules and doors on each side of the tent.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why it rocks:
- Two fly vents
- Double pull out vestibule at each door
- Dual side doors
- Opposing double slider fly zippers for ease of ventilation
- Light weight 3-pole design
- Back-tacked stress points add strength and durability
- Bias bound zippers allow for ease of use and extended zipper life
- Catenary-cut seams create taut canopy and improve fly strength
- D-shaped doors stay off ground when open
- Designed with extra head room
- Free standing
- Footprint not included
Why it bites:
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
Great for group backpacking trips, the Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3 can easily be disassembled and distributed among three backpacks to divided the tents weight. If the weathers nice, just pack the poles, rainfly, and foot print for an ultra light 3 person tent.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: