Mountain Hardwear Habitat 5 Tent
Mountain Hardwear Habitat 5 Tent – A popular family camping tent.
At first glance, the Mountain Hardwear Habitat 5 Tent might just appears to be a pretty standard and basic family camping tent. But, in fact, the Mountain Hardwear Habitat 5 Tent is far from basic. This simple looking design is crafted as such to help make the tent as roomy and easy to setup as possible. Which, if you have ever been camping with the family before, you know that these are two very important factors to making sure everyone enjoys them self. If you are looking for a family tent that will last for years of family campouts and boy scout trips, this is the one you want.
Rather than make the Mountain Hardwear Habitat 5 Tent just another over sized dome tent, the designers created a little extra nook on two adjacent corners of the tent. What this extra space does, is help give each side of the tent their own little indoor space to store personal essentials. This design also helps keep the weight of the tent down a little bit by getting rid of excess space that an over sized dome tent would have to give you this much floor space.
The Mountain Hardwear Habitat 5 Tent features two large doors. These large doors are great because you don’t have to get on all fours just to unzip and the tent door and get out. The placement of the two doors also aids in some awesome ventilation. When the rain fly is in place, the design of the tent creates some tall and spacious vestibules and each side of the tent. The fact that these vestibules are so tall makes it easy to change out of wet gear before you get inside the tent.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Unique 3-pole, freestanding design creates nooks and crannies for gear stashing; mesh doors and panels give an airy feeling and provide good cross ventilation
- Atlas PF 7001 poles are corrosion- and dent-resistant
- Pole clips save weight, work simply and allow superior ventilation between rainfly and tent; reflective starter points ease setup
- Taped, full-coverage polyester rainfly maintains a taut pitch even when wet; nonyellowing, nonclouding, clear SVX film windows add light and views
- Dry-entry vestibule design prevents water from dripping inside tent when vestibule is open, improving livability
- For extra stability each guyout point clips to the frame on the interior side of the rainfly via welded attachment points
- All guyout points are reflective for easy identification and mesh canopy pockets keep tent organized
- Superlight 0.25 in. buckles and webbing save weight
- Mountain Hardwear Watertight Construction: Thoughtful design, taping and welding technology combine to make this tent watertight off the shelf. No seam sealing is required
- Fast pack pitching: In nice weather, use only the poles, rainfly and footprint (sold separately) to save weight
- Comes with stuff sacks, wire-peg stakes and guylines/tighteners
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I have no need for a tent of this size and design just yet, but if I were in the market for a family camping tent, the Mountain Hardwear Habitat 5 Tent would definitely be on my short list. There is plenty of room for five adults, so if you are camping with your significant other and the kids, you should have more than enough room to live in it comfortably.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: