Merrell WaterPro Maipo Water Shoes
Merrell WaterPro Maipo Water Shoes – A true cross training shoe.
I am a huge fan of low cut hiking shoes. They are much more versatile than your average hiking shoes. As versatile as they can be, it surprises me that many of them aren’t designed to handle water as well as the Merrell WaterPro Maipo Water Shoes. I often find myself exploring outdoors and running across streams, creek beds, and other small water ways. Because of this, I want a pair of hiking shoes that can handle water well, but still offer me the protection and comfort I need for a extended day hikes. The Merrell WaterPro Maipo Water Shoes have all of the above requirements and then some.
It is rare that you find a pair of water shoes with this much thought put into them. All to often, water shoes are simply designed to just dry fast. This is a great feature to have if all you do is wear the shoes around the pool, but for real outdoor exploration, you need many more features than just quick drying fabrics. The Merrell WaterPro Maipo Water Shoeslook and feel almost as if they were designed to be a pair of hiking shoes first and a pair of water shoes second. They give you many of the features you would look for in a pair of hiking shoes and almost all of the features you would want in a pair of water shoes as well.
As far as hiking shoes features go, one nice thing about the Merrell WaterPro Maipo Water Shoes is how secure of a fit you can get with them. The shoes use a combination of both webbing and lacing. The combination of the two helps you create a fit that is more secure than many hiking shoes out there. The footframe of the Merrell WaterPro Maipo Water Shoes feature some super comfy padding. To be more specific, they use a special Air Cushion technology that keeps the shoes comfortable all day long, even on intense day hikes.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Synthetic leather and ventilated mesh uppers resist water and stretching, maintain breathability and provide durable protection
- Dynamic webbing and lacing system with free floating heels ensures a snug and personalized fit
- Micro mesh free-flowing drainage ports on shoe sidewalls eject water easily and dry quickly
- Injection-molded thermoplastic urethane toe bumpers and heel wraps protect feet from rugged terrain
- Footbeds have water drainage/ventilation ports for extra comfort and cushioning
- Footbeds are topped with Etc anti-friction lining and Aegis antimicrobial treatment to keep blisters and odors at bay
- Injection-molded nylon arch shanks supply superb torsional stability
- In-Board compression-molded EVA footframes with Air Cushion shock absorption enhance all-day wear
- Nonmarking Vibram Water Pro Plus outsoles with TC5+ rubber and razor-cut siping deliver amazing wet-surface traction
- All synthetic construction is vegan-friendly
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
Personally, I love the Merrell WaterPro Maipo Water Shoes. They have everything I could think of to ask for in a pair of hiking shoes. As far as water goes, they couldn’t possibly have any more features. The can drain fast, offer plenty of ventilation, don’t smell after getting wet, and dry quickly. Add all that to the awesome hiking shoe features like the comfortable footbeds, great grip and secure fit; and you end up with a grade A hiking shoe.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: