Marmot Sawtooth +15 Sleeping Bag
Marmot Sawtooth +15 Sleeping Bag – Warm three season bag.
Are you in the market for a good all around sleeping bag, but don’t have a ton money? Then I would suggest checking out the Marmot Sawtooth +15 Sleeping Bag. It isn’t the cheapest three season sleeping bag on the market, but it is one of the better ones. And it sure beats anything you are going to find at a chain retailer like Wal-Mart. For just around $200 you can get a great three season bag that will last you for years to come.
The Marmot Sawtooth +15 Sleeping Bag may be rated to +15, but its mummy design will make it seem capable of even colder temperatures. A nice feature of the Marmot Sawtooth +15 Sleeping Bag is its hood. The hood is baffled like the rest of the bag to help keep the down fill spread out across the hood to keep your head warm and toasty. The hood also features a smooth face muff to let you cinch down the hood with irritating your face.
You will no doubt stay warm in the Marmot Sawtooth +15 Sleeping Bag thanks to is 600power fill down. To keep the down safe from water and morning dew, the outer material of teh Marmot Sawtooth +15 Sleeping Bag is coasted with a water repellent finish.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Certified 600-fill-power goose down insulation is protected by a durable nylon shell with a water-repellent finish
- Nautilus six-baffle hood envelops your head in warmth, while face muff allows hood to be cinched snugly without chafing your face
- Ground-level side seams keep warm air from escaping
- No more midnight drawcord fumbling—smooth, flat upper cord and hard, round lower cord make hood adjustments easy
- Stretch tricot baffles provide strength and durability for long bag life
- Trapezoidal footbox allows down to loft fully around your feet for optimum warmth and comfort
- Stash pocket on the top chest near hood stows night-time essentials
- Draft tube backing full-length, snag-free zipper prevents cold air from seeping through; down-filled collar adds warmth
- Includes stuff sack and large storage bag
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
As I said before, the Marmot Sawtooth +15 Sleeping Bag might not be the cheapest three season sleeping bag on the market, but there is something to be said about that. The $200 investment you make in the Marmot Sawtooth +15 Sleeping Bag is a wise one, no matter who you are.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: