Marmot Hydrogen +30 Sleeping Bag
Marmot Hydrogen +30 Sleeping Bag – Award Winning Sleeping Bag
Finding a good sleeping bag can be hard. Finding a good warm weather bag can be even harder. Warm weather bags have to be able cover a much wider variety of weather temperatures than a cold weather bag has to. For example, a warm weather bag has to be light enough that it is comfortable to sleep in during those warmer months. but, should the temperature decide to drop in the middle of the night, you want a sleeping bag that can keep you pretty warm. The Marmot Hydrogen +30 Sleeping Bag is a sleeping bag that can do just that, but you don’t have to take my word for it.
In 2008 the Marmot Hydrogen +30 Sleeping Bag was awarded the Editors Choice award in Backpackers Magazine Gear of the Year issue. So, just what was it about the Marmot Hydrogen +30 Sleeping Bag that impressed the editors of Backpacker magazine? They mostly appreciated how feature rich and well made the Marmot Hydrogen +30 Sleeping Bag was. But what really put them over the top was the fact that the bag was super light weight for such an impressive three season sleeping bag. The entire Marmot Hydrogen +30 Sleeping Bag packs down to a mere 25 ounces. that 25 ounces packs up into a stuff sack smaller than the size of a football.
Ok, so the Marmot Hydrogen +30 Sleeping Bag is super light and packs up into a small stuff sack, but there are plenty of sleeping bags that can do that. This bag is filled with a 850 fill power goose down. It is this fill that allows the Marmot Hydrogen +30 Sleeping Bag to pack up into such a small size. But it is also this fill that lets this sleeping bag do such a good job at keeping you warm in cooler temperatures. Should the temperature drop a bit, this bag can still do a decent job at keeping you warm.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- The lightweight Marmot Hydrogen works perfectly for warm-weather climbing and backpacking.
- Filled with super-lofty, ultralight, 850-fill-power goose down for an unsurpassed warmth-to weight ratio
- LightForce nylon shell fabric is treated with a Durable Water Repellent finish that causes moisture to bead up and roll off
- Shaped hood envelopes your head in warmth, while the Face Muff allows hood to be cinched snug without digging into your face
- Down-insulated draft tube backs the full-length zipper to keep the cold out
- Classic trapezoidal foot box lets your feet move freely and comfortably, and allows goose down to loft fully to keep your toes toasty warm
- Ultralight stuff sack and storage bag included
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
Its easy to see why the Marmot Hydrogen +30 Sleeping Bag is such a popular sleeping bag and why it won the editors choice award by Backpacking Magazine. One great thing about the Marmot Hydrogen +30 Sleeping Bag is its sheer size. It is so small that you can easily toss it into a backpacking sleeping bag compartment with plenty of room to spare. this can help you lighten you load or let you pack more. What ever you want to do!
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: