Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots
Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots – More than just a sandal.
The original Keen multisport water shoe can handle a wide variety of terrain, but it can go everywhere, at least not comfortably. For these places, there are the Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots. These boots will make longer hikes on dry land much more comfortable than in a pair of basic Keen watershoes. If you are a longstanding Keen fan, you are sure to love all the special Keen touches on the Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots. From the easily spotted toe guard to the nubrick leather, the Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots is full of Keen craftsmanship.
Lets first talk about comfort, because the Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots has plenty of it. You may notice the nylon strap that reaches around the back of the boot. This nylon strap is actually worked into the lace system and is used to help create a more secure fit. That nylon strap actually helps to keep your heal locked into place. The midsoles are made up of compression molded EVA and help keep your feet comfortable all day long.
As one would expect, the Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots also provides plenty of protection from the elements. The outside of the boots are made up of waterproofed nubrick leather. But the dryness doesn’t stop there. The Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots also sports a a special KEEN DRY membrain. This helps keep the feet dry by getting rid of moisture from ones feet before it has time to build up inside the boots.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Waterproofed nubuck leather and flexible nylon mesh uppers offer ample durability, flexibility and breathability for comfort on the go
- Midheight cuff offers support to help protect ankles from injury
- Secure-fit lace capture system with sturdy nylon webbing eyelets and heel wrap help lock feet to footbeds for increased support
- Webbing pull loops at heel and tongue allow easy entry/exit; padded, gusseted tongue keeps out debris and moisture while relieving lace pressure
- KEEN.DRY waterproof breathable membranes keep feet dry while allowing perspiration to dissipate before it saturates the inside of the shoe
- Patented rubber Toe Guards protect feet and uppers from impacts and abrasion
- Substantial Metatomical EVA footbeds are shaped to provide ample cushioning and arch support; can also accommodate orthotics
- Compression-molded EVA midsoles offer shock-absorption and padding for all-day comfort
- Supportive nylon shanks provide torsional stability and protection from uneven terrain
- Nonmarking carbon rubber outsoles with aggressive 4mm multidirectional lugs for durability and traction
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
Im not sure if I would go on a thru hike of the Appilachian trail with the Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots, but for day hikes and some short overnighters they should be perfect. The Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots have a number of the features you know and love in many other Keen shoes/boots/sandals and a few new features that are equally as great as the older ones.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: