Keen Commuter Bike Sandals
Keen Commuter Bike Sandals – A great shoe for summer biking.
Keens are designed to be versatile and now they are more versatile than ever. The company has introduced the Keen Commuter Bike Sandals. These hybrid shoes feature the same great design and comfort as the Keen Newport Sandals, but with a full length SPD compatible plate and a thermoplastic urethane cleat tap plate.
The Keen Commuter Bike Sandals are great for nice summer day out on the trail, both on the bike and off. The Keen Commuter Bike Sandals allow you to run, walk, bike, and hike just about anywhere. The sole of the Keen Commuter Bike Sandals is made from a non marking carbon rubber which means they’ll last for a long while.
Another nice feature of the Keen Commuter Bike Sandals is that the linings are treated with AEGIS Microbe Shield. This treatment helps to prevent bacterial growth and to fight odor causing bacteria. Both of which cant be a bad thing after a long day on the trail or off.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Polypropylene webbing uppers are lined with hydrophobic foam rubber for comfort and fit, and faster drying and durability under heavy water usage
- Linings are treated with AEGIS Microbe Shield® for resistance to odors created from bacterial growth
- Strappy uppers are laced with cord and secured with quicklocks; features 3M reflective pull loops for easy on and off
- Patented toe guards protect feet on and off bike
- Removable EVA footbeds provide cushioning while AEGIS Microbe Shield anti-odor treatment helps keep foot odor under control
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
If you want a bike shoe thats a little more versitile than basic bike cleats, the Keen Commuter Bike Sandals is teh anwser. They offer plenty of protection, super grip on any surface, and can be used on the bike, down the trail, or around town.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: