Keen Arroyo Sandals
Keen Arroyo Sandals – Multi-sport Sandal.
You know the old saying, if it aint broke don’t fix it? Apparently, the sandal masterminds at Keen don’t. They keep pumping out updated versions and a plethora of Newport offspring like there is no tomorrow. Lucky for us, everyone of these new sandals is just as good, if not better, than its predecessor. The Keen Arroyo Sandals are one such improvement sandal.
One glance at the Keen Arroyo Sandals and you know they are Keens through and through. If you are familiar with the Keen line, than its easy for you to see the resemblance to the Keen Newport Sandals. While the two share a number of similarities, they also feature some unique properties of their own. So whats makes the Keen Arroyo Sandals so much more different than the Newports?
The two biggest features are the fact that the Keen Arroyo Sandals are more enclosed and offer more security and support.
The Keen Arroyo Sandals are about as close to shoes as you can get without actually buying them. They are a lot more enclosed than some of the other multi-sport shoes in the Keen line, but still offer plenty of breathablity and draining. The waterproof leather and mesh uppers provide you with more protection, but are also extremely flexible, even after they get wet and dry.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Patented rubber toe guards protect feet from scuffs, bumps and uneven terrain
- One-pull elastic drawcord lacing secures uppers around instep; heel and tongue loops aid entry and exit
- Traveling webbing heel cage draws heel counters in when lacing is tightened to minimize heel slippage
- Woven nylon and neoprene lining enhances comfort and controls moisture
- Removable Metatomical EVA footbeds are custom shaped to provide ample cushioning and arch support; will accommodate orthotics
- Dual-density molded EVA midsoles offer rich shock-absorption and padding while maintaining balanced support and toe-off flexibility
- Non-marking carbon rubber outsoles with deep lug pattern offers rugged durability and superb traction on loose dirt, scree or rock
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
Im more of a Chaco Sandals kind of guy myself, but people I know that wear Keens swear buy them. I have even heard stories of people who wear them to hike the Appalachian trail in. If that isn’t a testament to how tough and comfortable they are, I dont know what is.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: